Singapore Expats

Medical Examination for EP

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Tqy222

Medical Examination for EP

Post by Tqy222 » Wed, 17 Jun 2015 10:24 am

Dear all,

I finally received my IPA after a lengthy 5 weeks wait and proceeded to have my medical check up done.

May I know how long does it take to be process from then on? I did my medical check up on 2/6/15 and have yet to receive any news. I was told by the HR that handle my case that it usually takes a week or two, but due to past experience with her (messed up interview time, messed up offer letter, almost screwed Up my EP approval etc), I totally have no confidence in whatever she said. Honestly, I am really disappointed with the standard of the company's HR considering they are one of the best hospital in Singapore.

So may I ask how long does it takes to process your medical examination? Once processed, how long does it take before I am able to start work?

Thank you all for your kind attention.

Warm Regards,
QY

menudown
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Medical Examination for EP

Post by menudown » Wed, 17 Jun 2015 10:37 am

medical examination report usually takes within a week to produce. but still, it all depends on the hospital's admin efficiency

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Wed, 17 Jun 2015 11:33 am

Medical exam for employment visa takes 3 working days for regular cases. Express one-day results would require you to pay premium. Once you receive the results (I forgot if you need to collect it in person or they will mail), your employer will arrange for you to go to MOM with medical results, together with other necessary documents, for the rest of the procedure. After you submit photos and have your finger prints recorded, you will wait 3 working days to get your new shiny green piece of card.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Wed, 17 Jun 2015 12:38 pm

Previously I have gone to my usual neighbourhood doctor for the examination (blood samples etc). During that appointment his secretary booked an appointment for x-rays at a nearby walk-in imaging clinic. So I have then walked directly from the GP to the imaging clinic and sorted that out. The latter send the images to the GP/doctor.
Then about 2 days later I have returned to the doctor to collect (all) the results. Simple as that.
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard