Singapore Expats

Research Respondent Recruitment – Teachers (updated)

Post here for survey, questionnaire or poll for our expat members.
Janard

Research Respondent Recruitment – Teachers (updated)

Post by Janard » Sat, 06 Jun 2015 11:44 am

Dear All,

My name is Janard and I am currently writing a thesis as part of my undergraduate Honours Program (National University of Singapore). Specifically, my research focuses on expatriates who are working (or have worked) as teachers in Singapore (Public Education Schools).

The aims of this thesis are two-fold. Firstly, it seeks to explore your migratory journey and experience – why and how have you moved, aspirations of social mobility and any outstanding issues encountered thus far. The second part of this thesis revolves around how you understand and view ideas of ‘home’, ‘identity’ and ‘belonging’ – essentially how you (re)define practices of ‘homemaking’ and negotiate ideologies of home across borders.

Participation in this research is voluntary and you can choose to opt out at any stage without having to give any reason for doing so. You can also request for summaries of the main findings to be sent to you if you are interested.

Any information that is disclosed during the interview (preferably face-to-face but email & video exchanges are fine too) is strictly confidential and would not be utilized for any other purposes other than this research. Moreover, the information obtained will only be retained for 2 years upon the completion of this research, after which all of the data collected will be destroyed. You can also request for your name to be omitted from the written report and be replaced with pseudonyms to ensure your anonymity.

While no direct or tangible remuneration would be handed out, it is hoped that the information gathered from the research might provide locals with better insights into the everyday lives of migrants such as yourself previously.

If any of you are indeed interested in partaking in this project, could you please drop me a text or email.

Thank you very much!

Yours sincerely,
LIEW Jian An, Janard
Year 4, NUS Geography
+65-96709940
[email protected] / [email protected]