Singapore Expats

Going to submit my PR application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sounthariya

Going to submit my PR application

Post by sounthariya » Fri, 05 Jun 2015 11:04 am

My husband profile
Citizenship: Indian
Education: Bachelor Degree (Honors) India
Income: $5000
Residency in SG: 3 years 1month
Tax: 3yr

My profile
Citizenship: Indian
Education: Bachelor Degree (Honors) India .Specialized diploma BIM Manager in Singapore.
Income: $3600
Residency in SG: 4 years
Tax: 3yr
My kids also stay in Singapore more than 3 year. Studying here.
My grandfather is Singapore citizen and also my uncle (mothers brother) also citizen in Singapore. My bother also working here more than 5 years.
I serving the community more than 2 years 3 month.
And also the member in bca academy.

We applied before one time with my husband name got rejected in 2013 .so now can I apply in my name are with my husband name. If I apply in my husband name how should I mention my family tiles volunteer work and member in bca .
What are the advantages or disadvantages if I apply in my name .please guild as where we can apply pr at this time?

Thank you in advance!
sounthariya

x9200

Re: Going to submit my PR application

Post by x9200 » Fri, 05 Jun 2015 12:23 pm

If it was me I would grant you immediately PR for sheer fact of not using reputed, renown
and prestigious words in your post but on more serious note I don't think you stand any reasonable chance to get it within next few years. Your race is a major issue, your salaries low. The kids, any males?

American
Regular
Regular

Post by American » Sat, 06 Jun 2015 2:36 am

Is there truth to MoM favoring families with male children? I find that somewhat hard to believe - soldiers need wives and the country needs a higher birth rate for labor, not just soldiers. Anyone have experience getting rejected because they have all girl children, versus a family with a similar profile with a male child? Or is this anecdotal?

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sat, 06 Jun 2015 9:04 am

It seems to be the truth. It is of course anecdotal but many PR cases reported on this board point to this. For the second part, my guess behind the logic is that the males can get and often do get their wives from overseas while the other way around it does not work that well.

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Sat, 06 Jun 2015 1:42 pm

When you apply as a family, it doesn't matter whether you are primary or your husband is primary.
There isn't much you can do. I would say keep applying every couple of years and one day, hopefully you will get it, if you have any other alternatives, then take it. But if you have decided you settle down in Singapore then just continue grinding it out here, there isn't much you can do, other than hope.

sounthariya

Post by sounthariya » Sat, 06 Jun 2015 3:52 pm

ok thanks for all your information.
sounthariya