Singapore Expats Forum

Inspirations For Today

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Re: Inspirations For Today

Postby earthfriendly » Sat, 19 Aug 2017 12:59 am

Understood :cool: . My daughters were educated on how democracy work. At elementary school level. They learnt how an individual citizen, like themselves, can get a bill / measure passed. If they see something that needs to be fixed in their living environment. An onerous process, no less, and most are not inclined that way. But the point is, it is possible for ordinary citizens to get involved and get their political voices heard.

It is a culture and system that empowers you at a young age. Rather than teaching our young to be fearful of those who hold power over us. Now, that is what I call beautiful. America The Beautiful.

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Re: Inspirations For Today

Postby earthfriendly » Sat, 19 Aug 2017 8:30 am

When you own mother or culture teach you to submit and fear people who hold power over you, all kinds of bad things ensue. The lack of accountability ! And that is what these adults are teaching their children.

I felt so aggrieved—I could only handle that much as a small child. I broke the usual habits, and talked to my mum about the beatings. But she only said, “A teacher has the right to beat her student.” I was speechless because I was beaten up for no reason

https://qz.com/1055758/a-chinese-fourth ... rce=parSHG