Singapore Expats Forum

Trilingual French translator

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

guillaume24

Trilingual French translator

Postby guillaume24 » Fri, 16 Apr 2004 4:11 am

Hello everyone,
I will move to Singapore in October, 2004 and I hope to find a job as a translator or a position in which I could use my languages (French, English and Spanish). I would like to get information, testimonies or reports of people who experienced this kind of situation.
Thanks to all of you,
Guillaume

Jennifer

Contact

Postby Jennifer » Fri, 23 Apr 2004 12:34 pm

Bonjour Guillaume! Je m'appelle Jennifer et je voudrais bien avoir votre email ou numero de portable. Si possible, je voudrais en savoir plus sur vous. Merci. :D

angelateevin

Postby angelateevin » Fri, 30 Apr 2004 5:02 pm

Hi Guillaume

I'm hoping to move to Singapore at around the same time as you. I'm an experienced translator working from German, French and Spanish into English. Perhaps we could cooperate in some way?

le_xiii

Postby le_xiii » Fri, 04 Jun 2004 9:24 pm

Bonjour,

Moi je souhaite aussi retourner à Singapore car j'y ai vécu déjà 4 ans!!!

Quelqu'un a un tuyau pour un job là-bas?

Fabien.

Febri

Polish and Dutch

Postby Febri » Fri, 22 Oct 2004 6:09 pm

Hi there,

do you know anyone who can help me to proofread Dutch and Polish?

Febri

Postby Febri » Tue, 26 Oct 2004 10:41 am

Hi there,

my company is a local translator agency.
Probably we can work together.

if you are interested, please email me at febri77@hotmail.com

thanks

Darren

4 Lingual

Postby Darren » Wed, 03 Aug 2005 1:35 pm

Moi, je cherche une travaille linguistic aussi. Je ne sais pas si c'est possible. Mais je voudrais essayer. Maintanent, je parle anglais, allemande, japonais, bien sur francais et mandarin.

Des entreprises de Singapour qui offrent ce position onts rares.

Mais si vous avaez une bonne recommendation. Laissez-moi une message s'il vous plait.

-Merci
-Darren

Postby Guest » Thu, 04 Aug 2005 12:58 am

anyone interested to teach french?im learning french currently and really need extra help!

Darren

French charge rate

Postby Darren » Thu, 04 Aug 2005 10:29 am

Hi Guest,

Pls kindly state your budget for learning french. Whcich level and are you wanting to take any exams?

Thanks
-Darren

Postby Guest » Sat, 06 Aug 2005 12:37 am

hi,im currently taking beginner class,8 lessons only.Im halfway through.French is really though.I learnt thai before.Thought thai was tough but french is even more difficult!I do hope to learn to a level where i can really hold a conversation.And need someone who really have the patience.Depending on the hours and days per month,maybe ard 150++ to 200?

icefire

Postby icefire » Mon, 08 Aug 2005 12:59 am

Hi guest!

I would love to help. How do i contact you?

Darren

French Language

Postby Darren » Mon, 08 Aug 2005 11:25 am

Hi Guest,

I know what you mean, French can get tough at the very beginning. What i aim to do is since you want to brush up on your conversations. I would strongly recommend a system whereby i will use lots of interactivity and build up your confidence level in speaking freely without hesitation. Obviously before you can do that i would need to drill you a bit on fundamental grammar with my written exercices and well as build your vocabulary so that you wont be lost in class nor will you be struggling to find the words. As you know a language has to be a tool that works both ways , so if you are willing to have the paitience to strive to succeed with French , on my part i will do my best to help you to the maximum of my capability.

Also, i do lessons from French - Japanese, Japanese-French or Mandarin-French, French-Mandarin.

So if you're interested,
let me know 94354346.

If there's anyone else interested in learning french, you may also let me know.

Le langue Francais a n'importe quel niveau, si vous etes interesse , n'hesitez pas. 94354346 a votre service.

Thanks
-Darren

Postby Guest » Mon, 08 Aug 2005 1:10 pm

thanks!!you mean you speak japanese too??

Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager

Postby Carpe Diem » Mon, 08 Aug 2005 1:29 pm

Sorry to say Darren, I hope you speak French better than you write it!

Je suis désolé mais c'est truffé de fautes.
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

Darren

Franch Language

Postby Darren » Mon, 08 Aug 2005 2:34 pm

Hi Carpe Diem & Guest

Thanks for telling me. I definitely appreciate it. But do you mind if you point out the errors to me. Apart from the accents as i can;t seem to put them in... hmm...

Thanks
-Darren