Singapore Expats

Problems in finding a pre-registration pharmacist position in Singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
bananaman

Problems in finding a pre-registration pharmacist position in Singapore

Post by bananaman » Fri, 29 May 2015 11:30 am

According to the Singapore Pharmacy Council (SPC), in order to be registered to the SPC, foreign pharmacists/graduates must undertake pre-registration training of 3-12 months depending on their qualifications. SPC gives a list of approved training institutions, but there's absolutely no mention of how a person can actually look for and apply for a pre-reg position.

I have been watching closely at the career section of hospital websites since last year, never have I seen any job listing for pre-reg pharmacist at all. Even those advertised on JobsBank are 'fake' vacancies. For some reason some employers advertise them even though the all positions are already filled. Communications with pharmacy managers all ended up with replies like "sorry, all positions are filled, no vacancy at the moment" etc. I am totally baffled. How are foreigners supposed to know when there is any vacancy if there is never a proper job listing for it? Are Singapore pharmacists shunning non-citizens altogether?

All suggestions/stories/experiences are greatly welcomed! O:)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Problems in finding a pre-registration pharmacist position in Singapore

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 29 May 2015 1:40 pm

Comes the dawn!
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

SingPharm

Post by SingPharm » Thu, 07 Apr 2016 3:34 pm

Did you find a placement in the end? What are alternatives? I am having the same problem!!

mulanaraa

Post by mulanaraa » Mon, 10 Jan 2022 2:21 pm

Did you two secure for the placement? Mind to share your experiences? Thanks.