Singapore Expats

Refused Once. Returned to Home Country. Coming back to Singapore as Spouse. Will we have problems for Social Visits?

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
ashajaywalk

Refused Once. Returned to Home Country. Coming back to Singapore as Spouse. Will we have problems for Social Visits?

Post by ashajaywalk » Sat, 23 May 2015 4:59 am

Hey guys! I've read a lot of posts on this forum but I'm finally making a post of my own because I'd love to get suggestions/opinions of everyone on here.

I don't want this to be boring or rambly so I'll just dive in.

I met my boyfriend in 2014. He is Canadian, I'm Singaporean. He has been living in Bali/Taiwan etc and visited me every month or so, staying for close to 30 days. This went on for maybe 3/4 months?

However, we stumbled onto a problem when he was in Singapore in December. We both went to see Malaysia for a day and came back into Singapore via Woodlands Checkpoint. He was denied for 2 reasons.

1) He did not have an outbound ticket (Stupid, yes, I know! He never needed it before but we should have researched and known better).
2) He was visiting way too often. (To see me)

Anyway, they sent him back (and I followed) and we got us a ticket to Canada for 28 days later. [LIKE THE MOVIE HUHUHU. ok I'll stop]

When he came back to checkpoint with the ticket, a lot of commotion happened and he was taken to a room. You guys know this same old story etc etc.

Eventually, they called me in and they interviewed me. I'm not angry or irriated by this. I know they handle a LOT of nonsense and people trying to trick them. So I was calm. We got a 7 day pass for him. But our ticket was like.... for 28 days later!!!! (Resisting urge to mention that movie again....)

We went to ICA the next day and the person who served us regarding an extension looked so mean but evnetually gave us an extension till out flight date. (Weeee!!! I thanked her a lot)

Anyway, things have been going well and we decided to get married! We're getting legally married here and plan to do the same in Singapore. (I know it's not needed but we want to get married by both country's laws)

Anyway, we are returning to singapore on June 14th (We left SG on 1st Feb). Although we are legally married, we have yet to get our marriage certificate because of processing time. His family will mail it to us once they receive it. We do, however, have a certificate stating that we have been legally married.

Do you think that we are going to encounter problems with his entry? If they do ask why he's back, it's to File for ROM & Get to know my family more.

We are legally married in Canada but have yet to receive our marriage cert because it take really long to mail. But we do have a temporary cert that tells we are officially married.

It hasn't been 6 months yet. But... do you think they'll not let him in? I know at the end of the day, you guys don't have the answer. But I would love predictions & suggestions on how to make it most likely for his entry.

We are going to be showing them
1) His Passport/Birth Cert
2) Contract of his Job (Overseas)
3) Out temp officially married cert
4) My passport/IC
5) Acknowledgement of Singapore Sponsor (My mom)

Thank you guys so much for helping!

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Re: Refused Once. Returned to Home Country. Coming back to Singapore as Spouse. Will we have problems for Social Visits

Post by zzm9980 » Mon, 25 May 2015 9:32 am

Trouble? Yes. They're not going to just chop his passport and let him in. You're going to be pulled into ICA office, and no one here will know if they're going to let him in or not based on your past history.

I think if you waited at least the full 6 months, and had the real marriage certificate, you'd be much better off. Also, do you have a job? Is so, what is your salary? The magic number for other 'dependant' type passes (long term) seems to be about S$4000/month, meaning if you make this much ICA feels more comfortable you'll be able to properly support yourself and the dependent (the husband). This is a short-term pass, but I would assume they'd apply the same guideline.

bgd
Manager
Manager

Re: Refused Once. Returned to Home Country. Coming back to Singapore as Spouse. Will we have problems for Social Visits

Post by bgd » Mon, 25 May 2015 9:46 am

And based on your past experience, shouldn't you also have an outgoing ticket for him?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Refused Once. Returned to Home Country. Coming back to Singapore as Spouse. Will we have problems for Socia

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 25 May 2015 10:39 am

bgd wrote:And based on your past experience, shouldn't you also have an outgoing ticket for him?
A return ticket is needed

Then again, OP is a pink ic holder, if she flies in with him there'll be less hassle. If she sent him alone, then it will be fun ..

Ps, you guys went to see Malaysia for a day ?

Well, ICA folks know you guys did visa run. And what was his immigration status in Indonesia ? Don't tell me it was visa runs again. And maybe Singapore was one of his visa run points. Maybe ???

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Re: RE: Re: Refused Once. Returned to Home Country. Coming back to Singapore as Spouse. Will we have problems for Socia

Post by zzm9980 » Mon, 25 May 2015 2:53 pm

ecureilx wrote: And what was his immigration status in Indonesia ? Don't tell me it was visa runs again. And maybe Singapore was one of his visa run points. Maybe ???

Are you off your meds again? :-k

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Mon, 25 May 2015 3:13 pm

Definitely another round with ICA officers. Be prepared for that. Even with your return ticket. But take it as "status update" interrogation instead, since you both are officially married already.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Refused Once. Returned to Home Country. Coming back to Singapore as Spouse. Will we have problems f

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 25 May 2015 7:05 pm

zzm9980 wrote:
ecureilx wrote: And what was his immigration status in Indonesia ? Don't tell me it was visa runs again. And maybe Singapore was one of his visa run points. Maybe ???

Are you off your meds again? :-k
If the guy stayed in Bali for months and been doing visa runs it won't be hard for ICA to plan their own next course the action, seeing so many entry exit stamps.... and that's my 2 cents ...

No offense

WinglessDreamer

Post by WinglessDreamer » Mon, 14 Jan 2019 5:09 pm

Last edited by WinglessDreamer on Wed, 16 Jan 2019 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 14 Jan 2019 6:11 pm

WinglessDreamer wrote:Recently, on 12th January 2019, I was denied to enter into the Singapore. Despite of having a CLEAN background, VALID passport and LEGITMATE visa, the authorities denied to me to enter because before I stayed for the duration of 61 days in total on my visit pass applied by my Singaporean friend. Even ICA authorities agreed to the fact that I didn't break any rule by the book it's just I cannot enter for that day. I stayed for tourism purpose. I stayed at my friend's place, learnt about Singapore culture, visited temples. visited nearby country and celebrated Diwali. I don't think staying for longer period should deny my human rights to enter into Singapore. The ICA gave me reason that they simply don't find my reason to be apt suitable for my stay.

I didn't harm anybody or break even any minor rules during my stay. I didn't seek any employment or anything. I didn't even stay for consecutive 61 days. I went to other country for tourism such as Langkawi, Malaysia and re-enter. There is no reason that need to be made because I am innocent 23 years old graduate. I always ranked number one in my university and have a brilliant academic record.

They kept me into a IP lounge so-called SATS office and the authorities were very rude. They took all my belongings and kept in locker. It was like a prison. People were not supposed to talk loudly. Girls and boys must sit separately. Many young girls aged between 21-28 were in most taken into custody. They were all silent, traumatized and watching TV and that too on mute. The bunk bed were in very bad condition. Tear apart and bright lights were switched on for 24 hours. The windows were opaque blocking your vision to look outside. Washroom was not even well equipped with toiletries. There were no soaps given. The officials were very rude even if you ask them for anything! I spent most of my time crying under my blanket which was actually a big towel. It was the worst experience ever!

Now the situation is finally the universities application season is open in January for August intake. They had invited me to attend their respective seminar. I have well-known friends in Singapore who are willing to take my responsibilities. I am not alone or lost. Can you please reply back to me with suggestions that what to do next? Since, I haven't done any crime and I don't want this record to be an obstacle for my career. I am very bright student in my University and now I genuinely wanted to build my career in Management industry. Kindly, guide me through telling how to enter into Singapore again? How to remove my record? (They didn't put deported or anything just sent me back to my homeland).

As a matter of fact about APPEAL LETTER it's already on the way. But it will take a very long time. So, is there anything else or any suggestions I must do to re-enter to Singapore.

Thank you!
You have spammed the forum with exactly the same contents in 4 different pages.