Singapore Expats

New SPR IC collection question

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
grommash

New SPR IC collection question

Post by grommash » Fri, 22 May 2015 10:33 am

Hi everyone,

I have gone through the new PR formalities a few days ago, and was told to make a booking online using eAppointment for the IC collection. However, it has already been several days and I still cannot book an appointment to collect the IC. My question is:

1. How long does it usually take to be able to schedule an appointment for IC collection after completion of PR formalities?

2. How long does it usually take for IC to be issued after completion of PR formalities?

Thanks!

jennifertan

Re: New SPR IC collection question

Post by jennifertan » Fri, 22 May 2015 10:45 am

Try to check the appointment slots every day morning between 5am to 6am.

Normally it takes upto 6 months to 1 year to process your PR Application.

grommash

Post by grommash » Fri, 22 May 2015 10:49 am

jennifertan wrote:Try to check the appointment slots every day morning between 5am to 6am.

Normally it takes upto 6 months to 1 year to process your PR Application.
Hi Jennifer, my PR already got approved. I am asking about the IC collection. :D

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 22 May 2015 11:10 am

Jennifertan was only posting to get up her post count before whacking an advertisement in the forum which just got deleted. - moderator
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

midlet2013
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by midlet2013 » Fri, 22 May 2015 11:14 am

There are two options to collect the actual IC.

Go to ICA which takes a lot of time or get it delivered to nearest Singpost, which takes a week or so (costs a few dollars).

I requested ICA to deviver to Singpost since I did not want to wait long. I do not remember how long the wait was but it was quite long.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 22 May 2015 11:51 am

Most of my friends rather use Singpost collection because they work regular hours and they can't afford to take precious annual leave just to collect it. It is just another SGD2 (or SGD3?) and you can collect within three working days from your chosen Singpost. Choose the branch that has extended hours like Jurong, Paya Lebar etc.

midlet2013
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by midlet2013 » Fri, 22 May 2015 11:57 am

I collected on a saturday morning. Singpost works until 12pm.
the lynx wrote:Most of my friends rather use Singpost collection because they work regular hours and they can't afford to take precious annual leave just to collect it. It is just another SGD2 (or SGD3?) and you can collect within three working days from your chosen Singpost. Choose the branch that has extended hours like Jurong, Paya Lebar etc.

grommash

Post by grommash » Fri, 22 May 2015 12:13 pm

midlet2013 wrote:There are two options to collect the actual IC.

Go to ICA which takes a lot of time or get it delivered to nearest Singpost, which takes a week or so (costs a few dollars).

I requested ICA to deviver to Singpost since I did not want to wait long. I do not remember how long the wait was but it was quite long.
Thanks a lot for the advice! I just checked online and it would take at least 1 month for ICA collection. I just booked the Singpost collection and will be able to collect it by next week! :D

kennyy1

Post by kennyy1 » Wed, 06 Apr 2016 11:23 am

May i know how many days it takes for you to successfully book the appointment for IC collection upon completion of PR formalities for last time?
I just went on to book an appointment with ICA for IC collection but it shows that my IC is incorrect(Is it because i just completed the PR formalities this morning??).Much appreciated if you could share your info with me:)
Many thanks.

Azshec

Post by Azshec » Wed, 04 May 2016 5:59 pm

kennyy1 wrote:May i know how many days it takes for you to successfully book the appointment for IC collection upon completion of PR formalities for last time?
I just went on to book an appointment with ICA for IC collection but it shows that my IC is incorrect(Is it because i just completed the PR formalities this morning??).Much appreciated if you could share your info with me:)
Many thanks.

Hi Kennyy1, any updates in your ic collection? I have the same issues at the moment now.. When should i book the appointment? Can do on the next day after the formality? Thaaaankyou