Singapore Expats

Re: Got my SPR, and then what?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sky91

Post by sky91 » Mon, 29 Oct 2018 11:14 am

samuraibeefburger wrote:Hi everyone,

I recently obtained PR status, and I am wondering how long does it usually take for the letter containing the details of the new Singpass to be delivered to my home address?

Alternatively, can I go to the CC directly and create a new Singpass from there?

I am a FIN/work pass holder who has been granted Singapore PR. How can I continue to use SingPass?

As a new Singapore Permanent Resident (PR), you will automatically be registered for a new SingPass account. A PIN mailer, containing your new SingPass password, will be sent to your registered address.

Once you have received the mailer,
Log into SingPass using your new NRIC number (your SingPass ID) and password that was mailed to you.
Verify your contact details, such as mobile number, that will be retrieved from your previous FIN account.
Start using your new SingPass account to transact with the Government online.

NOTE: If you have not set up your SMS 2FA, please register and verify your mobile number with SingPass upon your first login for instant activation.

Source: https://www.ifaq.gov.sg/singpass/apps/f ... AQ_2101389

ishyg1

Post by ishyg1 » Tue, 18 Dec 2018 10:15 am

sky91 wrote:
samuraibeefburger wrote:Hi everyone,

I recently obtained PR status, and I am wondering how long does it usually take for the letter containing the details of the new Singpass to be delivered to my home address?

Alternatively, can I go to the CC directly and create a new Singpass from there?

I am a FIN/work pass holder who has been granted Singapore PR. How can I continue to use SingPass?

As a new Singapore Permanent Resident (PR), you will automatically be registered for a new SingPass account. A PIN mailer, containing your new SingPass password, will be sent to your registered address.

Once you have received the mailer,
Log into SingPass using your new NRIC number (your SingPass ID) and password that was mailed to you.
Verify your contact details, such as mobile number, that will be retrieved from your previous FIN account.
Start using your new SingPass account to transact with the Government online.

NOTE: If you have not set up your SMS 2FA, please register and verify your mobile number with SingPass upon your first login for instant activation.

Source: https://www.ifaq.gov.sg/singpass/apps/f ... AQ_2101389

Brilliant! Thanks for this mate

fairy tale

Post by fairy tale » Fri, 15 Feb 2019 7:49 am

Hi, can I ask for those just got their PR, how long it takes to get the PR card?

I’ll go to ICA for appointment next week. My hubby said after the formalities, it will takes weeks to get the PR card (thats what he experienced back in 2009).

I saw someone post said it only take few days to get the card. Anyone can advice how long is the procedure now?

Thanks in advance!

sky91

Post by sky91 » Fri, 15 Feb 2019 8:11 am

fairy tale wrote:Hi, can I ask for those just got their PR, how long it takes to get the PR card?

I’ll go to ICA for appointment next week. My hubby said after the formalities, it will takes weeks to get the PR card (thats what he experienced back in 2009).

I saw someone post said it only take few days to get the card. Anyone can advice how long is the procedure now?

Thanks in advance!
For my case, it took about 5 working days.

fairy tale

Re: Re: Got my SPR, and then what?

Post by fairy tale » Fri, 15 Feb 2019 8:30 am

Thank you sky91 for the answer! Appreciate it.