Singapore Expats

Another Person gets leg stuck between Platform and MRT..

Discuss about any latest news or current affairs in Singapore or globally. Please DO NOT copy and paste news articles from other sources without written permission.
MikeJones
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Re: Another Person gets leg stuck between Platform and MRT..

Post by MikeJones » Thu, 14 May 2015 2:54 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:You forget that they are myopic. Add tunnel vision to that and there you go. We all know that in addition to myopia, they tend to display a huge lack of spatial awareness. That's why they ricochet off you when you are walking down the street, as they have their noses stuck inside the phone and are oblivious to all around them.
I'm glad it's not just me, I've found they don't even need to be looking at a phone to be completely oblivious to your presence directly in front of them. I can also only assume that no here understands that the shortest distance between two points is a straight line, given the way people randomly change direction and weave across the pavement. Depending on how bad a day I'm having I'll either just sigh loudly or drop the shoulder and watch them bounce off, the elderly, young children and anyone who's bigger than me and mean looking excepted :)

Mike

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Another Person gets leg stuck between Platform and MRT..

Post by JR8 » Thu, 14 May 2015 3:04 pm

nakatago wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:are oblivious to all around them.
They do that too even if they're facing you head-on.
Like 'blurbots'..... lol...
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard