Singapore Expats

Lawyer for Norwegian convicted of assaulting cabby gets guilty plea quashed after witnesses step forward with new ...

Discuss about any latest news or current affairs in Singapore or globally. Please DO NOT copy and paste news articles from other sources without written permission.
x9200

Lawyer for Norwegian convicted of assaulting cabby gets guilty plea quashed after witnesses step forward with new ...

Post by x9200 » Sun, 10 May 2015 5:43 pm

Interesting turn of the case.

The guy was convicted and spent half of his 10 weeks jail sentence for attacking a cabbie. He also lost his job and paid the cabbie 30k of compensation. He pleaded guilty because he was too drunk to remember what actually happened. Now 2 new witnesses, Singaporeans, say it was the cabbie who was actually the aggressor.

Nice to see local people making the effort to help an Angmoh in such case.

http://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore-news/h ... -injustice

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Lawyer for Norwegian convicted of assaulting cabby gets guilty plea quashed after witnesses step forward with new ..

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 11 May 2015 6:03 am

x9200 wrote:Nice to see local people making the effort to help an Angmoh in such case.
Somebody had the guts to speak up. But publishing the names of the witnesses may discourage others .. I feel so ..

Meanwhile, in another Foreigner bashing news, somebody posted a video of a couple destroying a shop .. and the mob jumped in and started venting against the 'foreigners' destroying the property of locals.

My trusted friends say in reality, the destroyers were locals, while the shop owners were 'semi-foreigners' ... not the other way around.

Entertaining, that was ..

x9200

Re: Lawyer for Norwegian convicted of assaulting cabby gets guilty plea quashed after witnesses step forward with new ..

Post by x9200 » Mon, 11 May 2015 8:18 am

In Singapore all the names are published in all the newspapers together with your age, marital status and up to date pap-smear results so I don't think this would discourage anybody local. I just hope this is what it is said to be.