Singapore Expats

Looking for ice-hockey team

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
cherrypopa

Looking for ice-hockey team

Post by cherrypopa » Sat, 09 May 2015 7:35 pm

Moving to Singapore in late July and wondering if there are any ice-hockey teams with the possibility to join.

thanks

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Looking for ice-hockey team

Post by JR8 » Sat, 09 May 2015 8:15 pm

I think the only ice rink is at a building called 'JCube' at Jurong East. I'd start by googling that.... and see if the rink has contact info, or an events page.
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

cherrypopa

Post by cherrypopa » Sat, 09 May 2015 8:18 pm

JR8 wrote:I think the only ice rink is at a building called 'JCube' at Jurong East. I'd start by googling that.... and see if the rink has contact info, or an events page.
I'll do that, thanks!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 10 May 2015 12:47 am

There is also a Synthetic Ice Rink at the Marina Bay Sands as well. but unless you bring your own skates, you will be in for a dismal time as I understand that they don't sharpen the blades at all. :-(

There are Ice Hockey teams at J Cube in Jurong East though as well as a commercial skate outlet outside of the entrance to the rink.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 12 May 2015 9:43 am

My buddies play on Monday nights at JCube. They just finished a season not long ago. Starting new one this end of month, I think. Here's the info: http://singicehockey.org/