Singapore Expats

Sole Proprietorship(SP) / REP renewal

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
considering12345

Sole Proprietorship(SP) / REP renewal

Post by considering12345 » Thu, 07 May 2015 12:21 am

Hi, I am a Singapore PR. I have a job as well as Sole-Proprietorship biz registered with ACRA. I would like to know from the knowledgeable that if someone has no job but wants to renew his/her REP on basis of SP business- that is only self-employed- what are the factors that ICA takes into account about the SP ?

I know that the ICA website states that one should show the BizFile / Business registration cert...or tax returns...but I want to know from any one who has knowledge about it, that is there any threshold or criteria which the SP business should meet for the Owner to get renewal ? Mind it is just One-Man operation business..I don't have employees...

Thanks. Much appreciated.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: Sole Proprietorship(SP) / REP renewal

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 08 May 2015 5:16 am

Just do your REP renewal online. Who knows if there is a threshold or not. I renewed owning a pte ltd, not a SP... my view is that if you are supporting yourself, paying some tax, and are living in Singapore, you'll get your REP.