Singapore Expats

Help on Driving License - Tickets on Probation

Discuss how you can convert your foreign drivers' licence and other topics relating to drivers' licence.
bgd
Manager
Manager

Re: Help on Driving License - Tickets on Probation

Post by bgd » Tue, 05 May 2015 1:38 pm

And I think I read that they are introducing new cameras here that also photograph driver and front seat passenger. They want to get phone users and non seatbelt wearers. Best be careful which box you tick. ;-)

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Tue, 05 May 2015 7:20 pm

unless your US DL was <1 year, you are not under probation in singapore.

the probationary period of 1 year is aligned to your US DL's...

i hope this helps.
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 07 May 2015 11:08 am

Emergency123 wrote:
piyushdabomb wrote: As my "wedding" period was undergoing, my stress levels in preparing for my wedding also crept up

Both point systems happened literally right when I was going through the wedding period, and the levels of stress at that time were EXTREMELY HECTIC.
Having a wedding period has apparently messed with his brain :D
Having a period during the wedding will mess up more than just the brain! :P
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 07 May 2015 5:17 pm

piyushdabomb wrote:Wow, no one asked for all these negative comments. I came here to get advice, nothing else.

1. I am a triathlete, I don't need another cyclist telling me what's right about talking on the phone. Your the idiot for not knowing the individual beforehand.

Also, there are MANY worse drivers than myself in SG. As a cyclist myself, I know how garbage the drivers in SG are.

2. You are ALLOWED to transfer your points to family members. If you don't know that, go read the literature.

Do you think Singapore, as smart the country claims it is will not catch this? Use your common sense.

-

Lastly, thanks for all the pathetic advice from all of you. Super helpful.

Just die you asswipe, you drove with a phone in your hand yapping on it with your eyes off the road didn't you kunt? and now you're whining because the coppers caught you?

And you're little loophole is clearly criminal fraud. God I can't wait for you to thrown out of the country.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Thu, 07 May 2015 7:28 pm

Singapore is not the country for rich brats like OP. India is the right place.

Here's the story about Salman Khan bollywood star who did a hit and run and killed someone 13 yrs ago and still free

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-32606098

piyushdabomb

Post by piyushdabomb » Thu, 07 May 2015 8:03 pm

This entire thread of name calling and telling me how I should get punished is frankly really hilarious. In fact, it's even more hilarious given how someone even told me he/she hopes I "die" in this thread. Apparently a few even think that because my ethnicity is of Indian descent, that it's suddenly OK to throw in the racism.

Keep them coming. Thanks.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 07 May 2015 8:24 pm

piyushdabomb wrote:This entire thread of name calling and telling me how I should get punished is frankly really hilarious. In fact, it's even more hilarious given how someone even told me he/she hopes I "die" in this thread. Apparently a few even think that because my ethnicity is of Indian descent, that it's suddenly OK to throw in the racism.

even hilarious that you don't get it

You commit a crime and then insist it is ok to 'transfer' the crime and when people get mad at your attitude, it is their fault

Good Going

Any new stuff to share with us ?

How you did more crimes and transferred the points or took over points ?

Or set up a fall guy like how Salman Khan tried ? (Source from WD40)

We are very eager to know

Don't disappoint us please

PS, we all know you are not "Indian" but American, but .. :-k :-k

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 07 May 2015 8:43 pm

Half the commentators on this topic are Indian, or of Indian extraction, some others are American too.
No one here is racist: It's simply about the lunacy of what you're proposing.
If you stop trying to insult others, and instead look in the mirror for a moment, you might find an eventual solution.
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

piyushdabomb

Post by piyushdabomb » Thu, 07 May 2015 8:59 pm

ecureilx wrote:
piyushdabomb wrote:This entire thread of name calling and telling me how I should get punished is frankly really hilarious. In fact, it's even more hilarious given how someone even told me he/she hopes I "die" in this thread. Apparently a few even think that because my ethnicity is of Indian descent, that it's suddenly OK to throw in the racism.

even hilarious that you don't get it

You commit a crime and then insist it is ok to 'transfer' the crime and when people get mad at your attitude, it is their fault

Good Going

Any new stuff to share with us ?

How you did more crimes and transferred the points or took over points ?

Or set up a fall guy like how Salman Khan tried ? (Source from WD40)

We are very eager to know

Don't disappoint us please

PS, we all know you are not "Indian" but American, but .. :-k :-k
This is where your logic complete falls apart. I do get it - you don't and most of those who are responding don't as well.

I never said that it is OK to "transfer" the crime. Quote me where I said that even once. I can be critical of my writing and I will appreciate where the writing is misconstrued or misleading.

Your question "How you did...or took over points ?" doesn't make sense. Ask me again.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 07 May 2015 9:06 pm

piyushdabomb wrote: First, I actually transferred the first 3 points from my dad to my license in an effort to help him not get anymore points.

Second, I got majorly screwed because I got caught while talking on the phone while driving. It's a complete screw up, but I now am stuck with a lousy loss of 12 points.

With 3 points + 12 points, I've lost all my points.
Bzzzzzzt!
Major Fail the way I see it.

If you did it, you obviously think it's okay to do so.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

piyushdabomb

Post by piyushdabomb » Thu, 07 May 2015 9:09 pm

JR8 wrote:Half the commentators on this topic are Indian, or of Indian extraction, some others are American too.
No one here is racist: It's simply about the lunacy of what you're proposing.
If you stop trying to insult others, and instead look in the mirror for a moment, you might find an eventual solution.
A few things:
1. Whether they are Indian or of Indian descent shouldn't (I'm not saying "doesn't") give them the right to comment on the state of Indians or of India (in this specific context) - it hits the entire Indian race and the country negatively.
2. What am I proposing specifically? I'm asking for advice, and that's where the original "intention" of my thread began with.

3. Insult others? You're kidding, right?
-

4. Judging from your response, you're a smart guy. The whole intent of my thread starting was to get advice about how to get out of the mess that I'm in - not to listen to opinions about whether what I did is moral, ethical, etc. If I wanted to, I would have asked: "Can someone please tell me how idiosyncratic my choice of taking my dad's points and/or talking on the phone while driving?" If I wanted to look in the mirrow, I would have obviously not needed to start this thread. I'm not oblvious to my actions. Nonetheless, the question isn't about the lunacy of the procedure to lose my points. The question in this thread is how to politely get out of it.

And so far, only one, "got it."

Lastly to the crowd: it doesn't matter if I'm American, Indian, Canadian, Australian, or anything else. It has nothing to do with the topic.

Nevertheless, this thread is getting shut down. It's proving more pointless than needed.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 07 May 2015 9:10 pm

piyushdabomb wrote:I never said that it is OK to "transfer" the crime. Quote me where I said that even once. I can be critical of my writing and I will appreciate where the writing is misconstrued or misleading. Your question "How you did...or took over points ?" doesn't make sense. Ask me again.
We're now engaging in semantics. No, you never stated you said 'It's ok'; but you cerainly did discuss doing it...

-----
'First, I actually transferred the first 3 points from my dad to my license in an effort to help him not get anymore points.
2. You are ALLOWED to transfer your points to family members. If you don't know that, go read the literature.

-----

It's a small country; people like to keep clean noses here. Asking others how to get away with potential crimes isn't likely to get far.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 07 May 2015 9:13 pm

p.s. no one cares where you're you're from, or of what ever race; it's just the blind the stupidity of what you're trying to do. Only you, it seems, fail to see that.

Keep tilting at windmills man.... you're going to have a hard run of life the way you're headed.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 07 May 2015 9:16 pm

Especially when your potential crimes endanger all of the other road users out there. The last thing Singapore needs is another who thinks they should be able to do any damned thing the want and then find a way to game the system. Those of us who actually live here are pretty fed up with this crap as it tars all with the same brush, much the same way as a high percentage of ethnic Indians the world over game all the systems they can get away with and think it's perfectly okay as it's culturally acceptable in their ancestral home. Frankly, we all got it, but you are preaching to the wrong crowd.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 07 May 2015 9:18 pm

JR8 wrote: If you stop trying to insult others, and instead look in the mirror for a moment, you might find an eventual solution.
No. He'll only see the southern end of a northbound horse. ](*,) #-o