Singapore Expats

Help on Driving License - Tickets on Probation

Discuss how you can convert your foreign drivers' licence and other topics relating to drivers' licence.
piyushdabomb

Re: Help on Driving License - Tickets on Probation

Post by piyushdabomb » Thu, 07 May 2015 9:20 pm

JR8 wrote:
piyushdabomb wrote:I never said that it is OK to "transfer" the crime. Quote me where I said that even once. I can be critical of my writing and I will appreciate where the writing is misconstrued or misleading. Your question "How you did...or took over points ?" doesn't make sense. Ask me again.
We're now engaging in semantics. No, you never stated you said 'It's ok'; but you cerainly did discuss doing it...

-----
'First, I actually transferred the first 3 points from my dad to my license in an effort to help him not get anymore points.
2. You are ALLOWED to transfer your points to family members. If you don't know that, go read the literature.

-----

It's a small country; people like to keep clean noses here. Asking others how to get away with potential crimes isn't likely to get far.
About your last comment - well yes, agreed, but then a value-less response also doesn't get far. If people want to vent or opinion, I'm happy to start another thread soliciting this information.

About transfer the crime, transferring what crime? I don't think you can transfer crimes...? I assume the respondent means that I transferred points, committing a crime.

I'll redact my statement about being ALLOWED to transfer points. It was taken literally. Only a couple people got the point about "taking a hit for the team." My bad.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 07 May 2015 9:50 pm

piyushdabomb wrote: A few things:
1. Whether they are Indian or of Indian descent shouldn't (I'm not saying "doesn't") give them the right to comment on the state of Indians or of India (in this specific context) - it hits the entire Indian race and the country negatively.
This, I do get it ! Perfectly.

And a whole lot off track .. Like when I copied a post on Faceboook, from a well travelled INDIAN LADY, expressing the sad reality about sexual crimes and mentally raping women, especially women who dress modern - like they are asking for it - and that most men in India secretly fantasise about raping a woman, guess what happened ?

Exactly what you said - half the Indians said, even as and Indian, she has no right to bad mouth Indians, and the other half said she deserves to be raped, but all insisted that there is no rape problem in India, it is just the Western Media making it look bad (and overlooking the fact that the whole story was based on the comments of a well travelled Indian Lady)

PS, those friends who can't see the bigger picture and insist nobody, including the folks from Mother Land - have no right to make Mother Land look bad, even among The Sons of The Motherland - they aren't in my Facebook list of any friend list, anymore - in Other words, such hypocrites don't need to be my friends

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 08 May 2015 5:05 pm

Yep ecureilx, people who against any given logic still deny some obvious things and are arrogant (to say the least) at the same time are the people who IMHO give India bad reputation, dare to say, of similar magnitude to the rape thing.

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Fri, 08 May 2015 8:46 pm

ecureilx wrote:
1. Whether they are Indian or of Indian descent shouldn't (I'm not saying "doesn't") give them the right to comment on the state of Indians or of India (in this specific context) - it hits the entire Indian race and the country negatively.

And a whole lot off track .. Like when I copied a post on Faceboook, from a well travelled INDIAN LADY, expressing the sad reality about sexual crimes and mentally raping women, especially women who dress modern - like they are asking for it - and that most men in India secretly fantasise about raping a woman, guess what happened ?

Exactly what you said - half the Indians said, even as and Indian, she has no right to bad mouth Indians, and the other half said she deserves to be raped, but all insisted that there is no rape problem in India, it is just the Western Media making it look bad (and overlooking the fact that the whole story was based on the comments of a well travelled Indian Lady)

PS, those friends who can't see the bigger picture and insist nobody, including the folks from Mother Land - have no right to make Mother Land look bad, even among The Sons of The Motherland - they aren't in my Facebook list of any friend list, anymore - in Other words, such hypocrites don't need to be my friends
Dude, how did you even get such people in your friends list in the 1st place? Especially when you say half the guys said its okay to rape. You know there are many Indias within India. The kind of guys you are talking about, I cant even imagine anyone I know personally to be like that.

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Sat, 09 May 2015 1:38 pm

ecureilx wrote:

You might want to watch this:

http://www.scoopwhoop.com/news/barkha-d ... ld-summit/

I picture the women you are talking about as the foreign reporter in the video and the guys who got defensive as Barkha Dutt. :)

Everyone knows that there are problems in India, but we wont accept foreigners coming and telling us that. Ask them to mind their own business and fix their own issues :) Although the lady you are talking about is Indian, when you say well traveled, I imagine her as one of those NRIs who spend few days abroad and suddenly start behaving as if they are from a different planet.