Singapore Expats

SC marrying NC in July 2015 - Urgent advice needed

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
wjw-no80

SC marrying NC in July 2015 - Urgent advice needed

Post by wjw-no80 » Wed, 29 Apr 2015 11:21 am

Dear all,

I will be marrying my wife-to-be this coming July 2015.

Her current status.
She's Malaysian, held work permits twice previously and currently not working. After resigning from her last post, her work permit was subsequently cancelled. MOM issued her with an S-pass for a further 7-day stay in Singapore, after-which, she left the country for 3 days, only to return and be issued with STVP valid for 9 days. Upon expiry of the STVP, she has since been residing with relatives in Malaysia since 6 April 2015.

For marriage planning and preparations, my intention is for her to return to Singapore on STVP and extend her STVP for longest possible until she's eligible for LTVP after we get engaged on 1st July.

What has been done so far.
1) Pre-Marriage Long-Term Visit Pass Assessment (PMLA) successfully screened by ICA.
2) Application for approval of marriage with MOM returned with no requirements.
3) Notice of Marriage filed with ROM.

Questions - STVP, e-XTEND and LTVP

1) How likely will she be issued with a 30-day STVP upon re-entry to Singapore, having been away for the past 25 days (based on date of return to be 2 May 2015)

2) Applications/Notices from ICA, MOM and ROM. Should these be presented to the Customs to facilitate entry and request for 30-day STVP, or is such a request even possible.

3) Clarifications for the condition "You will not return to Singapore within 5 days from the departure date of your current trip" under e-XTEND - What does this mean?

4) Upon in-principal approval (IPA) of LTVP application, in the event her STVP has expired and no longer qualify for re-extension, what are the avenues available for her to stay in country.

Regards & Thank You
for your time and valuable advice.

Sporkin
Chatter
Chatter

Re: SC marrying NC in July 2015 - Urgent advice needed

Post by Sporkin » Thu, 30 Apr 2015 2:35 pm

Not sure how helpful this is, anyways here goes.
We got married while my wife was on 30 day SVP, subsequently we went down to ICA to submit the LTVP request, during the LTVP submission the officer extended the SVP for another 6 weeks which I gathered is the 'maximum' LTVP processing time. So upon LTVP submission they will extend your wife's SVP until the outcome of the process is concluded.

You should clarify with the officer the questions you highlighted, they seem most helpful so far.