Singapore Expats Forum

Irresponsible Publisher

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Angry Worker

Irresponsible Publisher

Postby Angry Worker » Wed, 19 Jan 2005 12:29 pm

I was ask to work for a magazine call What Women Wants as a promoter for their road show. But after working for the day, we were told by our agent (the company that employs us) that the publishers is not happy with our work performance and does not want to pay us!!! He claim that the boss of WWW magazine is not happy when he visited the site....but his staff are doing nothing..
The magazine is call What Women Wants...The agent was kind enough to pay us on behalf after we call him a couple of times. But recently we met him and found that The publisher has still not pay them and the amount is only $200 plus!!!!
It is so sad for us that a magazine publisher is so unprofessional. What can our agent do to get back the money??? Can anyone help as he has paid us from his own pocket money...We want to help him..
Anyone please help us help him.

Postby Guest » Wed, 19 Jan 2005 12:38 pm

We want to help him..
Anyone please help us help him.

You shouldn't worry about it, it's all part and parcel of becoming an Agent!
One learns by ones, mistakes.

The next time your agent, will remember to get everything in writing!

You win some and you lose some, in this game! and for 200$ well, it's not worth the headache

Cleo

Re: Irresponsible Publisher

Postby Cleo » Wed, 19 Jan 2005 11:10 pm

Hey there, I don't think you could do any big fuss about it. I work for a magazine but obvisiouly not for WWW. Firstly, i think that you guys are not making any/enough sales as it's supposed to be promoting. Probably, the "boss" didnt see any progress in the magazine being known to people around.

And one piece of advice, NEVER DO ROADSHOWS. !!!
Cleo - The Professional Bitch

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”