Singapore Expats

Banking & Credit facilities comparison OCBC & DBS

Discuss the different banking options, rates, offers and perks.
Brah
Manager
Manager

Re: Banking & Credit facilities comparison OCBC & DBS

Post by Brah » Tue, 12 May 2015 7:09 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:You did see this thread, yeah?

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/viewto ... ilit=FATCA
No, and thanks, but it only mentioned it has become more difficult, but no specifics. And, I've never received a call from my bank about my account.
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 12 May 2015 9:37 pm

Neither have I. Yet. But these call have been recently received and there are a number of instances where clients have been turned away from banks if holding a blue PP with an eagle on the front.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Wed, 13 May 2015 11:18 am

The SP services customer service centre has moved from Somerset to PWC building, close to raffles place. So if you are working in the city, you can now go there to make credit card payment. You can prepay a like 6 months or even 1 yr forward and accumulate lots fo points.

So big thumbs up from me. Good move to have the customer service in the city rather than somerset. I guess rents in Somerset have gone up?

Wd40
Director
Director

Post by Wd40 » Sat, 22 Aug 2015 8:30 am

UOB has also come up with UOB One account, so now you have 3 choices :)

I have moved my salary account from DBS money multiplier to OCBC 360, when I changed my company recently. Its better in terms of interest rates and also now I look specifically for OCBC ATMs to withdraw cash, this is quite a huge change, because last 6 years to me DBS/POSB atms were the only ones I headed to. The OCBC ATM N/W is not bad actually, there is one everywhere I frequent.

Brah
Manager
Manager

Post by Brah » Sun, 23 Aug 2015 10:31 pm

Wd40 wrote:UOB has also come up with UOB One account, so now you have 3 choices :)

I have moved my salary account from DBS money multiplier to OCBC 360, when I changed my company recently. Its better in terms of interest rates and also now I look specifically for OCBC ATMs to withdraw cash, this is quite a huge change, because last 6 years to me DBS/POSB atms were the only ones I headed to. The OCBC ATM N/W is not bad actually, there is one everywhere I frequent.
Thanks, this is good to know - do you have any minimum term for the new account?
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape.

Wd40
Director
Director

Re: RE: Re: Banking & Credit facilities comparison OCBC & DBS

Post by Wd40 » Sun, 23 Aug 2015 10:36 pm

Brah wrote:
Wd40 wrote:UOB has also come up with UOB One account, so now you have 3 choices :)

Thanks, this is good to know - do you have any minimum term for the new account?
I think its 6 months, not sure, but both uob and dbs you need to maintain the account for 6months or else pay like $35 for early closure, so I am guessing its same for ocbc too.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Mon, 24 Aug 2015 12:59 pm

Wd40 wrote: The OCBC ATM N/W is not bad actually, there is one everywhere I frequent.
And shared with UOB!