Singapore Expats Forum

Is it a good offer?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

ConfusedBro

Is it a good offer?

Postby ConfusedBro » Tue, 18 Jan 2005 7:59 pm

My brother is thinking of relocating to singapore for a year. He is earning around S$35K p.a in Bangalore. He has been offered a annual package of S$55K. He has been around 6 years in the IT industry and he is confused whether he should take the offer or negotiate. Is the offer good? Please let me know.

adrianlee
Regular
Regular

Postby adrianlee » Wed, 19 Jan 2005 6:19 am

I'm not sure about the tax rate in bangalore... But based on your brother's salary, he'll only have to pay S$2500 in tax. The rest will be in his bank account! Thats pretty good pay in my opinion. Just factor in cost of accomodation of S$15k a year (comfortable furnished accomdation at that price!). That leaves you S$38k to spend on living expenses - plenty! How much you save, depends on how extravagant your lifestyle is.

Ad

Marcu

Postby Marcu » Wed, 19 Jan 2005 2:51 pm

How do you get to the S$2500 tax? How is tax calculated in Singapore? What percentage tax is payable on S$50 000 per annum? Can you please explain?

Thanks

ssinsingapore

Singaproe tax rate

Postby ssinsingapore » Wed, 19 Jan 2005 4:35 pm

Dear all ,

Pls see website www.iras.gov.sg. If your bro makes S$ 55K per annum, tax is approx SGD 1500- 2000.. no more than that.

Dont forget about your relief which is not taxable. I feel Singapore imposes a low tax compared to some countries.

Rgs

adrianlee
Regular
Regular

Postby adrianlee » Thu, 20 Jan 2005 6:31 am

Marcu,
It will pay you or your brother to do some research on this website before coming down. This site has a wealth of information!

Tax in singapore is very low, but also need to be reminded that the local pay is also quite low, and combined with high cost of living (mainly accomodation), should be comparable to other developed countries..
Ad

ConfusedBro

Postby ConfusedBro » Fri, 21 Jan 2005 12:13 am

This is the brother itself. To Everybody who has replied, thanks for the information.