Singapore Expats

PR Application - Chances/Odds

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
marubozu

PR Application - Chances/Odds

Post by marubozu » Mon, 06 Apr 2015 9:52 am

Hi all.

As above, attempting to apply PRship.
appointment coming soon...

Details
Male, Chinese Malaysian
5 years on WP - Employer A
9 months on S Pass - Employer B
1 Month on S Pass - Employer C
9 months and present employer on S Pass - Employer D

Diploma holder, Industry - Manufacturing
Annual salary : SGD33000

how are the odds leh... seek shifu-shifu advice..thank u..

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: PR Application - Chances/Odds

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 06 Apr 2015 10:14 am

This Shifu say not so good. Diploma may not get it and still only S pass on Minimum after 6+ years here. I'm afraid the tea leaves do not look auspicious. But who knows, you are M'sian Chinese which has been the flavour of the month for the last 3 years, if you were female your chances would be better in all probability.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 06 Apr 2015 12:36 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:This Shifu say not so good. Diploma may not get it and still only S pass on Minimum after 6+ years here. I'm afraid the tea leaves do not look auspicious. But who knows, you are M'sian Chinese which has been the flavour of the month for the last 3 years, if you were female your chances would be better in all probability.
and this Junior Shifu has seen ~3K Per month salaried Malaysians get PR very fast, like a few months ago saw a Malaysian Indian, Applied PR, and got it within 1 month

I think the key is "MALAYSIAN" !!!! or so I strongly believe !!!

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 06 Apr 2015 1:27 pm

Not to start a flame war or anything, but degree or diploma?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 06 Apr 2015 1:54 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Not to start a flame war or anything, but degree or diploma?
Diploma !!

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Mon, 06 Apr 2015 2:47 pm

marubozu wrote:Hi all.

Details
Male, Chinese Malaysian

I concur with the others , unless you have some big skeleton in the closet that comes out to haunt you then you should have no issues at all with gaining PR.

You already have the job hopping sorted so practically local already :D :D
Life is short, paddle harder!!

marubozu

Post by marubozu » Mon, 06 Apr 2015 2:51 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:This Shifu say not so good. Diploma may not get it and still only S pass on Minimum after 6+ years here. I'm afraid the tea leaves do not look auspicious. But who knows, you are M'sian Chinese which has been the flavour of the month for the last 3 years, if you were female your chances would be better in all probability.
sifu kamsiah...
tiok luck lo this time..
ecureilx wrote:
and this Junior Shifu has seen ~3K Per month salaried Malaysians get PR very fast, like a few months ago saw a Malaysian Indian, Applied PR, and got it within 1 month

I think the key is "MALAYSIAN" !!!! or so I strongly believe !!!
yeah...hopefully lady luck with magic ball come shining upon me.

marubozu

Post by marubozu » Mon, 06 Apr 2015 2:54 pm

Barnsley wrote:

Details
Male, Chinese Malaysian

I concur with the others , unless you have some big skeleton in the closet that comes out to haunt you then you should have no issues at all with gaining PR.

You already have the job hopping sorted so practically local already :D :D
i worry the guys at ICA will reject the application cos they would think iam a jobhopper.
:x

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Mon, 06 Apr 2015 3:11 pm

Details
Male, Chinese Malaysian

Walao eh, you really jump here and there. Actually hor, they all say if you Malaysian Chinese, sure can tiok one. But then hor, if you ask this shifu (a very lansi one on top of that), diploma with this salary, more like cannot get. Consider you very hao ming actually, can get S Pass each time you jump around like that.

Still can try la. You just need to bo bi bo bi more. If you kena approved, must come back to tell us ah, so that we can understand better how your profile works for ICA. No need to jio us lim kopi. Beer good enough liao.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 06 Apr 2015 3:31 pm

the lynx wrote: Walao eh, you really jump here and there. Actually hor, they all say if you Malaysian Chinese, sure can tiok one. But then hor, if you ask this shifu (a very lansi one on top of that), diploma with this salary, more like cannot get. Consider you very hao ming actually, can get S Pass each time you jump around like that.

Still can try la. You just need to bo bi bo bi more. If you kena approved, must come back to tell us ah, so that we can understand better how your profile works for ICA. No need to jio us lim kopi. Beer good enough liao.
Alamak, that one ah, English one or Manglish one ah ???

:-k :-k :D

marubozu

Post by marubozu » Mon, 06 Apr 2015 4:30 pm

the lynx wrote:

Details
Male, Chinese Malaysian

Walao eh, you really jump here and there. Actually hor, they all say if you Malaysian Chinese, sure can tiok one. But then hor, if you ask this shifu (a very lansi one on top of that), diploma with this salary, more like cannot get. Consider you very hao ming actually, can get S Pass each time you jump around like that.

haha..reality hurts..
kena kelong by ex-employer..

2 tower beer if bom pi pi get PR....huat ah...
tq sifu

venkata1986

Post by venkata1986 » Thu, 04 Jun 2015 2:37 pm

Hi,

This is my first time on this forum. I figured out this a nice forum to seek advise on my PR chances.

Below is my profile.
Nationality: Indian, 28yrs
Education:Engineering+MBA(Singapore)
Household annual income(wife working too): 155K SGD : 145K(fixed) + 10K(variable)
I'm working(on E-Pass) in a US MNC in the manufacturing industry. Wife is working in IT(on S-Pass).
Been in Singapore since 2013 June(for my MBA), working since August 2014

Can anyone here share his/her views on what are my chances at this point and when could be the right time to apply ?

Appreciate your time. Thanks in advance.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 04 Jun 2015 4:04 pm

After August 2016. Before that will be a waste of time. Even after 2016, the fact that you are an Indian is weighted heavily against you, local MBA or not. At this point in time, probably less than 20% chance of success. After you been on EP for 2 years or preferably 3 tax returns, I'd still only give you a 50% chance, truth be known. But we have no way of gauging except for collected anecdotal evidence which for the Indian diaspora has been rather dismal for the past four years.

venkata1986

Post by venkata1986 » Thu, 04 Jun 2015 7:56 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:After August 2016. Before that will be a waste of time. Even after 2016, the fact that you are an Indian is weighted heavily against you, local MBA or not. At this point in time, probably less than 20% chance of success. After you been on EP for 2 years or preferably 3 tax returns, I'd still only give you a 50% chance, truth be known. But we have no way of gauging except for collected anecdotal evidence which for the Indian diaspora has been rather dismal for the past four years.
Thanks for the insight. It really helps.

marubozu

Post by marubozu » Mon, 24 Aug 2015 10:30 am

Hi all,

To update my application portfolio;
Application since 02 Apr 15
Status at pending.

:-"