Singapore Expats

Adultery husband vs PR for foreign wife

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Kat11

Adultery husband vs PR for foreign wife

Post by Kat11 » Sat, 04 Apr 2015 5:59 pm

Hi all,

Am from Vietnam. ROM with a S'porean in 11/2013, apply for PR in 01/2014 and failed in 07/2014.

Then 08/2014 I moved here with my own daughter. We have an e-appointment for another PR application on this April.

I would like to ask some questions, if anyone here knows something, please kindly help by sharing your knowledge with me:
1. My got 2 degrees, and good working background in Vietnam. My spouse is earning S$9k/month here (but he has monthly maintenance of S$1,800 for the ex). Am under LTVP now, my daughter is Student Pass. During the time staying here, I never go work or hold any other pass. Do you think it is good timing to reapply this April?

2. My spouse don't know which for reason dumped me after few months I came here. Everyday he goes girl pub in Joo Chiat till 1-2am, some night never goes home, also chase us out of the house whereby I got no friend no connection here. If I file for divorce, is it eligible?
If yes:
-How about my PR?
If I file for divorce during the PR assessing, how the whole thing goes?
-How about maintenance for foreign wife like me? (We do not have our own kid)
I've heard that by right, the wife can take some percentage of CPF from her adultery spouse. Is it true and is it applied to my case as LTVP holder?
-If divorce and no PR, how can me and my daughter legally stay here? How am I protected under Singaporean law as a victim of adultery?

3. Now am facing a serious financial problem. I've been looking for job but it seems to be tough due to the government policy of restriction on foreign employees. My latest job was Office Manager for a Japanese firm in Hochiminh City where I've worked for 8 years then quit to move here by trusting his pink promises of a happy family, a real man for me and my little girl. If you by chance know any vacancy, please kindly prompt me.

Thanks for reading. Any reply is deeply appreciated!

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Adultery husband vs PR for foreign wife

Post by PNGMK » Sun, 05 Apr 2015 2:31 pm

Kat11 wrote:Hi all,

Am from Vietnam. ROM with a S'porean in 11/2013, apply for PR in 01/2014 and failed in 07/2014.

Then 08/2014 I moved here with my own daughter. We have an e-appointment for another PR application on this April.

I would like to ask some questions, if anyone here knows something, please kindly help by sharing your knowledge with me:
1. My got 2 degrees, and good working background in Vietnam. My spouse is earning S$9k/month here (but he has monthly maintenance of S$1,800 for the ex). Am under LTVP now, my daughter is Student Pass. During the time staying here, I never go work or hold any other pass. Do you think it is good timing to reapply this April?

2. My spouse don't know which for reason dumped me after few months I came here. Everyday he goes girl pub in Joo Chiat till 1-2am, some night never goes home, also chase us out of the house whereby I got no friend no connection here. If I file for divorce, is it eligible?
If yes:
-How about my PR?
If I file for divorce during the PR assessing, how the whole thing goes?
-How about maintenance for foreign wife like me? (We do not have our own kid)
I've heard that by right, the wife can take some percentage of CPF from her adultery spouse. Is it true and is it applied to my case as LTVP holder?
-If divorce and no PR, how can me and my daughter legally stay here? How am I protected under Singaporean law as a victim of adultery?

3. Now am facing a serious financial problem. I've been looking for job but it seems to be tough due to the government policy of restriction on foreign employees. My latest job was Office Manager for a Japanese firm in Hochiminh City where I've worked for 8 years then quit to move here by trusting his pink promises of a happy family, a real man for me and my little girl. If you by chance know any vacancy, please kindly prompt me.

Thanks for reading. Any reply is deeply appreciated!
1. Your LTVP should still be valid while you process divorce proceedings. You need representation (a lawyer). Considering your husband has assets I believe they will do it for a low cost on the basis of covering the costs later.
2. You're covered under the Women's Act in Singapore. Your husband cannot simply abandon you without providing for you.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 05 Apr 2015 4:58 pm

PNGMK wrote: 1. Your LTVP should still be valid while you process divorce proceedings. You need representation (a lawyer). Considering your husband has assets I believe they will do it for a low cost on the basis of covering the costs later.
2. You're covered under the Women's Act in Singapore. Your husband cannot simply abandon you without providing for you.
plus .. since the Minimum sum was introduced, the govt is not allowing CPF account holders to get it out so easily, even for bankruptcy etc, the Govt says we may consider if you have sufficient balance to meet minimum sum !

To answer OPs question, about being allowed to stay in Singapore, in more than a few cases the foreign spouse was gently told to go back, there is no PR or SC coming, post divorce.

Kat11

Post by Kat11 » Mon, 06 Apr 2015 12:32 am

So... Should I understand that there is nothing under Sing law to protect us, foreign wives, even all of the faults are from the husband?

Am really down...

Kat11

Post by Kat11 » Mon, 06 Apr 2015 12:38 am

1. Your LTVP should still be valid while you process divorce proceedings. You need representation (a lawyer). Considering your husband has assets I believe they will do it for a low cost on the basis of covering the costs later.
2. You're covered under the Women's Act in Singapore. Your husband cannot simply abandon you without providing for you.[/quote]

Thanks for your reply!
1. He had to transfer his flat to the ex on their divorce, due to adultery too.
2. I will google Women's Act. Thanks for your info.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 06 Apr 2015 5:38 pm

Kat11 wrote: 1. He had to transfer his flat to the ex on their divorce, due to adultery too.
Adultery due to affair with you while he was married to his previous wife ????

Kat11

Post by Kat11 » Mon, 06 Apr 2015 7:13 pm

ecureilx wrote:
Kat11 wrote: 1. He had to transfer his flat to the ex on their divorce, due to adultery too.
You got a sense of humor. He had an affair with a Filipino pub girl years ago. The wife sent inspection for 1 week and many photos plus records were taken. Bingo!

Now bingo on me! So ironical!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 06 Apr 2015 11:24 pm

Kat11 wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
You got a sense of humor. He had an affair with a Filipino pub girl years ago. The wife sent inspection for 1 week and many photos plus records were taken. Bingo!

Now bingo on me! So ironical!
Image Image

Your sense of humour isn't lacking as well Image

Didn't somebody say history will repeat itself if you don't learn from it ..

I just hope you have collected enough incriminating evidence against him to have a smooth sailing ahead ....

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 07 Apr 2015 10:13 pm

Kat11 wrote:So... Should I understand that there is nothing under Sing law to protect us, foreign wives, even all of the faults are from the husband?

Am really down...

Yes there is; the Women's Charter. It gives good protection for women. The immigration issue is another matter.

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 07 Apr 2015 10:19 pm

Kat11 wrote:1. Your LTVP should still be valid while you process divorce proceedings. You need representation (a lawyer). Considering your husband has assets I believe they will do it for a low cost on the basis of covering the costs later.
Thanks for your reply!
1. He had to transfer his flat to the ex on their divorce, due to adultery too.
2. I will google Women's Act. Thanks for your info.[/quote]

I believe the method for obtaining maintenance (support) has been simplified.
It may be worth ringing the family law court.

http://www.lawsociety.org.sg/forPublic/ ... nance.aspx

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Sun, 12 Apr 2015 5:51 pm

PNGMK wrote:
Kat11 wrote:So... Should I understand that there is nothing under Sing law to protect us, foreign wives, even all of the faults are from the husband?

Am really down...

Yes there is; the Women's Charter. It gives good protection for women.
Lucky, should you be a stay at home dad in sg it turns out you have no protection at all! There is no such thing as a Mens Charter... :shock:

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 12 Apr 2015 7:28 pm

QRM wrote:Lucky, should you be a stay at home dad in sg it turns out you have no protection at all! There is no such thing as a Mens Charter... :shock:
ah .. you have heard of AWARE right ?? :)

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 14 Apr 2015 11:08 pm

QRM wrote:
PNGMK wrote:

Am really down...

Yes there is; the Women's Charter. It gives good protection for women.
Lucky, should you be a stay at home dad in sg it turns out you have no protection at all! There is no such thing as a Mens Charter... :shock:
Correct. The law is not gender neutral and this has been raised in parliament.