Singapore Expats

Opening Bank account with IPA (EP Approved) before arrival

Discuss the different banking options, rates, offers and perks.
theworm

Opening Bank account with IPA (EP Approved) before arrival

Post by theworm » Wed, 01 Apr 2015 1:27 pm

Sorry I couldn't find this answer yet.

Is it possible to open A/C in any SG Bank before arriving. So that I can TT from overseas before landing in Singapore. I had done this in Australia but cant find any option in Singapore

We have EP approved/IPA

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: Opening Bank account with IPA (EP Approved) before arriv

Post by the lynx » Wed, 01 Apr 2015 1:44 pm

theworm wrote:Sorry I couldn't find this answer yet.

Is it possible to open A/C in any SG Bank before arriving. So that I can TT from overseas before landing in Singapore. I had done this in Australia but cant find any option in Singapore

We have EP approved/IPA
Try HSBC, Citibank and Standard Charted in your country and ask them about Global Account option. That way you can move your funds between Singapore and Australia under the same bank. I'm not sure whether their TT rates are good enough or not though,

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Wed, 01 Apr 2015 2:19 pm

I had this trouble when I arrived here on an IPA, only citibank helped me, the local banks wanted a proof of address and I had none lol.
Might want to head down to city hall mrt, theres a small little citbank brank there that helped me open one with just the IPA, might want to try that option.
I am pretty sure the same will hold good for other MNC banks like HSBC or Stan Chart.
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 01 Apr 2015 2:24 pm

rajagainstthemachine wrote:I had this trouble when I arrived here on an IPA, only citibank helped me, the local banks wanted a proof of address and I had none lol.
Might want to head down to city hall mrt, theres a small little citbank brank there that helped me open one with just the IPA, might want to try that option.
I am pretty sure the same will hold good for other MNC banks like HSBC or Stan Chart.
OCBC did allow, as long as your pay the opening balance amount

POSB allowed before, with just 500$ as long as you say the account is for salary payment !