Singapore Expats

Hair loss treatment

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
Steve1960
Editor
Editor

Re: Hair loss treatment

Post by Steve1960 » Tue, 24 Mar 2015 2:29 pm

Hair loss is also caused by an excess of testosterone. I recommend castration which not only stops hair loss but will also calm you down and reduce the stress.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 24 Mar 2015 5:14 pm

Now THAT took balls! :cool:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ganbf

Post by ganbf » Sun, 05 Jul 2015 12:08 am

hazyrose

Post by hazyrose » Sun, 05 Jul 2015 8:33 pm

Oily and spicy food can create the hair loss problem. Try to use this effordable and effective method to get the longer and fuller hair without frizzy at all. Use 50% of milk mix with 50% of water and apply on yr whole hair and leave it for 10 minutes to let the hair dry and rinse off. Rosemary oil and clary sage oil are very benefit for hair as well. Hope it helps.

elapx

Post by elapx » Fri, 10 Jul 2015 6:01 pm

Personally tried out Beijing 101... Cost me a bomb and didn't really have much effect on me. But I guess YMMV

wenber

Post by wenber » Wed, 29 Jul 2015 3:34 pm

Ample sleep and rest should help

ashley33

Post by ashley33 » Fri, 28 Aug 2015 5:00 pm

I have tried before TK TrichoKare hair treatment. It's quite effective as after the treatment I can see that certain parts of my oily scalp and dandruff have been removed through the mirco-scan. The whole duration of the treatment is 2hr. If you dislike the chinese herbal smell you should try TrichoKare hair treatment instead as they used European herbal hair remedy, it makes your hair smell good all day :)

briannabanks

Post by briannabanks » Sun, 30 Aug 2015 10:49 pm

elapx wrote:Personally tried out Beijing 101... Cost me a bomb and didn't really have much effect on me. But I guess YMMV
Beijing 101 is just a sucker for cash. Keep hardselling you packages you don't need. Just look at the number of complaint threads at HWZ forums and you will know what I mean.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 14 Jul 2016 9:02 pm

Do what I did. Bought a Headblade 8 years ago. haven't had hair since. ;-)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

chloeseow

Post by chloeseow » Thu, 22 Sep 2016 4:59 pm

Maura wrote:i need a specific hair lose control items.
Nuskin has a hair loss treatment set that improves hair loss, hair thinning of sorts. I have friends using them and saw changes. It may sounds unbelievable but yeap...it is true. They showed me pictures.

toorak_girl

Post by toorak_girl » Sat, 24 Sep 2016 2:44 pm

i have more hair lose.how to stop the hair lose?
Husband's GP recommended to try Regaine ( http://www.mims.com/singapore/drug/info/regaine ), with a small chance of hair-growth, and a larger chance of slowing hair-loss. Hubby hadn't grown any hair, but he says when he went off it he seemed to lose more. GP also said that the only reason he recommended this is that if this doesn't work, we know we've done our best, and not to waste good money on any of the myriad expensive hair-loss products being marketed out there.

It's available off the shelf at Guardian http://www.guardian.com.sg/regaine-rega ... l/p/186001. I thought I saw it at Watsons ( http://www.watsons.com.sg ) too, but their website doesn't seem to show it.

Hubby did go to a dermatologist though, who gave prescription Finasteride https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propecia. Same results - taking it *seems* to slow things down, that's all. Like the GP, the dermatologist was up-front about the chances.

Personally, with either treatment, I can't tell if it's all one big placebo effect in the name of hope. I'd say go visit a dermatologist and get real medical advice before paying for any treatment out there.

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Sun, 25 Sep 2016 3:40 pm

Maura wrote:i have more hair lose.how to stop the hair lose?
as steve said, the only way to STOP hair loss in men is to chop off the balls.

if you chop them off young enough, you'll always have a head full of hair.

Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

Sarah85

Post by Sarah85 » Thu, 06 Oct 2016 5:46 am

Don't avoid visit a doctor! Only he knows the reason for your hair lose. He can help you and give medicine to stop it.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 06 Oct 2016 2:02 pm

Or tell you that you are out of luck and to buy some paste wax to shine your chrome dome with.