Singapore Expats

PR Rejected last year and plan to reapply next month

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
quantabit

Re: PR Rejected last year and plan to reapply next month

Post by quantabit » Tue, 30 Aug 2016 10:29 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
quantabit wrote:To find out if there is a min salary requirement
There is no such minimum salary requirement for the application. But the question is based on that person's pay rise, how will you find the minimum salary for PR Application? Even if there is one, you must be referring to the ICA website and not ask someone's salary here.
Perhaps not every piece of information can be disclosed to the public?

quantabit

Re: RE: Re: PR Rejected last year and plan to reapply next month

Post by quantabit » Tue, 30 Aug 2016 10:32 pm

ecureilx wrote:
quantabit wrote:We are looking at different scenarios. If C earns 40k got rejected and later got a raise to 60k then got approved then it means something no?
Spicing up your thoughts, in the meantime, by your logic, say, if C had also made a male baby in the mean time, so. for success, say, D must by nook or crook, get a 20k pay rise and make a male baby ? And then D will succeed in his PR ?

But, If D only managed a 5k pay rise and made a baby girl, D shouldn't bother I guess.

Happy thoughts.

Good night !
This is again another scenario. Now say E at the same time have a male baby but only earns 50k and got rejected then I wonder what is the important factor.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: PR Rejected last year and plan to reapply next month

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 30 Aug 2016 10:36 pm

quantabit wrote: This is again another scenario. Now say E at the same time have a male baby but only earns 50k and got rejected then I wonder what is the important factor.
Wonderful logic.

Assuming C is a Sub con ... and E is a Malaysian. Uh ho.

And if F earns 30k and from Mali and produced a female baby and got approved - that's gonna hurt somebody pretty bad.

I am convinced you are on to something... keep going.

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jamie9vardy » Tue, 30 Aug 2016 10:39 pm

quantabit wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
quantabit wrote:To find out if there is a min salary requirement
There is no such minimum salary requirement for the application. But the question is based on that person's pay rise, how will you find the minimum salary for PR Application? Even if there is one, you must be referring to the ICA website and not ask someone's salary here.
Perhaps not every piece of information can be disclosed to the public?
Exactly the point! ICA (and MoM) keep their cards close to their chests. Therefore, you should not tailor your application to mirror others. The regulars will tell you that no two profiles are the same.

Salary is not the only (or primary) criterion of consideration. Your race, country of origin, education, age (in no particular order, save for race) play a part too.

Your profile says that you had joined this board since 5 years ago. Have you gone through those PR-related threads? If not, you may want to start doing it.

quantabit

Post by quantabit » Tue, 30 Aug 2016 10:43 pm

ecureilx wrote: Wonderful logic.

Assuming C is a Sub con ... and E is a Malaysian. Uh ho.

And if F earns 30k and from Mali and produced a female baby and got approved - that's gonna hurt somebody pretty bad.

I am convinced you are on to something... keep going.
That's not comparing apple to apple :) I am sizing up apples and was not sure what size of the apple would be picked, and you keep telling me to pick between an apple and an orange.

In case it's not clear to you, here is the question I am looking for an answer: provided everything else equal, is salary (i.e. tax contribution) an important factor? If yes, what is the minimum threshold?
Last edited by quantabit on Tue, 30 Aug 2016 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

quantabit

Post by quantabit » Tue, 30 Aug 2016 10:44 pm

jamie9vardy wrote: Salary is not the only (or primary) criterion of consideration. Your race, country of origin, education, age (in no particular order, save for race) play a part too.
Refer to my previous post.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 30 Aug 2016 10:46 pm

jamie9vardy wrote:
quantabit wrote: Perhaps not every piece of information can be disclosed to the public?
Exactly the point! ICA (and MoM) keep their cards close to their chests. Therefore, you should not tailor your application to mirror others. The regulars will tell you that no two profiles are the same.

Salary is not the only (or primary) criterion of consideration. Your race, country of origin, education, age (in no particular order, save for race) play a part too.

Your profile says that you had joined this board since 5 years ago. Have you gone through those PR-related threads? If not, you may want to start doing it.
+1

And Quantabit, what gives that all PR applicants are on this board and all posters are truthful in the information they share publicly ?

What we know is from sources, friends, colleagues and relatives experience... And that's an indication of the trends, not 100% fool proof enough to tailor make an application.

Don't tell me if Kenyan PhDs are easily getting PR you gonna become a Kenyan and Make a PhD ?
Last edited by ecureilx on Tue, 30 Aug 2016 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

quantabit

Post by quantabit » Tue, 30 Aug 2016 10:49 pm

We all take information with a grain of salt don't we?

Re Kenya PhD: you basically told us that besides an apple, a pear would also be selected and asked the apple to turn into a pear.

Anyway, I think we digress too much. Let's stop it here and hope for the OT to respond.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 30 Aug 2016 10:54 pm

quantabit wrote:We all take information with a grain of salt don't we?

Re Kenya PhD: you basically told us that besides an apple, a pear would also be selected and asked the apple to turn into a pear.

Anyway, I think we digress too much. Let's stop it here and hope for the OT to respond.
Lol.

So ...

Take an example, 3 Indians, friends from KG, been in the same college, supposedly near same score, landed OJT in the same company and all 3 managed to join the agency I know in Singapore for the same client, doing pretty much the same job (I know that very well....) and same pay grade. I don't know who saved how much or whatever. All 3 single. 100% True story. I still keep in touch with the fellows.

All 3 applied and 1 got it, other 2 rejected.

What do you infer from that ?

quantabit

Post by quantabit » Tue, 30 Aug 2016 10:59 pm

Perhaps the one got approved did more volunteer work? I am curious to know what is the deciding factor in this case too.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 30 Aug 2016 11:01 pm

quantabit wrote:Perhaps the one got approved did more volunteer work? I am curious to know what is the deciding factor in this case too.
If you read through the PR related threads on the forum (2-3 of them is enough), you will automatically know and won't ask us.

quantabit

Post by quantabit » Tue, 30 Aug 2016 11:03 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
quantabit wrote:Perhaps the one got approved did more volunteer work? I am curious to know what is the deciding factor in this case too.
If you read through the PR related threads on the forum (2-3 of them is enough), you will automatically know and won't ask us.
If you know the answer to my question please do share!

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jamie9vardy » Tue, 30 Aug 2016 11:03 pm

Volunteer work no longer gives you the brownie points. The authorities know how this has been abused in the past.

Also, one important consideration is the baggage you carry or may carry with you i.e. parents and/or siblings who are dependent on you.

quantabit

Post by quantabit » Tue, 30 Aug 2016 11:07 pm

jamie9vardy wrote:
Volunteer work no longer gives you the brownie points. The authorities know how this has been abused in the past.

Also, one important consideration is the baggage you carry or may carry with you i.e. parents and/or siblings who are dependent on you.
Thanks for the insights. But more baggage equals more social ties or more burden (to the society)?

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

PR Rejected last year and plan to reapply next month

Post by jamie9vardy » Tue, 30 Aug 2016 11:14 pm

quantabit wrote:
jamie9vardy wrote:

Thanks for the insights. But more baggage equals more social ties or more burden (to the society)?
Family/social tie is a positive only when it's with an SC (maybe certain PR). It becomes a burden when you bring the whole 'kampung' of yours over when you obtain PR. This is not a welfare state.

Okay, you should start going through those PR-related threads as suggested by SF.
Last edited by jamie9vardy on Tue, 30 Aug 2016 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.