Singapore Expats

Should we apply for PR or wait

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Re: Should we apply for PR or wait

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Thu, 19 Mar 2015 3:13 pm

lol give the guy a break guys :lol: , make him feel welcome, we hardly have any posters here. Don't make him feel like a nubile girl in a Delhi bus :P
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 19 Mar 2015 3:23 pm

Guys, guys, come on.

OP asked questions, SMS and raj already gave pretty good advice. He acknowledged and noted on the Plan B part. All was done amidst the whirl of one-liners and jokes from other people. Done. Why the bicker anymore?

There is no need for personal attacks (on English whatsoever), and definitely no need for attempts to undermine the value of the (good) answers given here. There are good and bad people but that doesn't mean the advice cannot be delivered truthfully just because it is not what you want to hear.

If the three of you want to continue, go ahead. I'll grab popcorn and read.

ani.india1981

Post by ani.india1981 » Thu, 19 Mar 2015 4:04 pm

ecureilx wrote:
midlet2013 wrote:.
Secondly, people can be overly candid on a forum like this. But will they ever criticise their boss if his english sucked. Most of them here are angry people who think being rude is okay as long as what they are saying is the truth. The same people lie through the roof in real interactions..
]
Image Image Image Image

Does the saying if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen - come to mind ?

And it was not much about the English but more about the tone ....Image Image

Thanks..I am loving it... =D>
We use good microwave with air-con :^o

ani.india1981

Post by ani.india1981 » Thu, 19 Mar 2015 4:13 pm

rajagainstthemachine wrote:lol give the guy a break guys :lol: , make him feel welcome, we hardly have any posters here. Don't make him feel like a nubile girl in a Delhi bus :P
Be assured I am not felling like that....’m feeling like a math student who has been given a literature thesis to complete under a professor (or a few group of professors) who is frustrated with life …but there are few other good professors who are trying to help…but the problem is the university has no plan to BAN the under-achievers

comn guys…waiting for your replies…. (ready to waste few hours/days to move this frwd )
(only 7 ….)

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 19 Mar 2015 4:57 pm

the lynx wrote:.

If the three of you want to continue, go ahead. I'll grab popcorn and read.
What time is the Cinderella Movie on Ch5 ? Image

Ratm, Nubile???? Oh .. kkkkk Image

OP, nice try baiting ... btw.

ani.india1981

Post by ani.india1981 » Thu, 19 Mar 2015 5:21 pm

nakatago wrote:
midlet2013 wrote:I can not see how the OP's first post had any entitlement issues. He simply asked if he should apply. And he did mention some points he thinks differentiate him from generic developers like tougher languages and open source stuff. That does not make him arrogant. If one does not think he/she is worth PR, why would ICA think so.

You guys just pushed him into a corner and he was forced to make such comments.

Singapore is full of people who act like they know stuff but all they can do is manage, talk and delegate. We should actually hope that good developers come here so the shitty software culture changes.

If u ask me, 80% IT people shd get PR rejected. They are simply replacable.

English - Thank goodness the guy is in IT. English is not such a key ingredient for such work. And since when is Excellent English a criterion for PR.
But still is. What ticked me off what he was even proud not to use English, as if he won't need to talk to other IT people who doesn't speak his language. That is one sign of his arrogance. How would you feel if a Russian developer reviewed your code but he only insists that you communicate only in Russian? Or if you reviewed his code and his variables, function names and classes are named in Russian?

Excellent English doesn't have to be a criterion for PR but is sure is necessary to know and actually want to use a English to integrate into an English-speaking society (no matter how badly they mangled it).
But still is - A Sentence ?
What ticked me off what he was even proud not to use English - Plz read again...
reviewed your code but he only insists .... wow ...gr8 tense usage
PR but is sure is necessary to know an ..... :???:
Now I am proud of my English...never felt so proud, not even after my GMAT .
Last edited by ani.india1981 on Thu, 19 Mar 2015 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ani.india1981

Post by ani.india1981 » Thu, 19 Mar 2015 5:27 pm

Wd40 wrote:Writing badly, willfully, is being disrespectful to the language. I ask OP to write in his mother tongue exactly how he has written in his 1st post and then see how disgusting it looks. When its in another language we don't get the effect like if its in our language.

Even Singaporeans, when I hear them eat off the last alphabets of words, I feel like going and chocking their throat.
The world is full of criminal minded people. The good thing is that they can only talk and that's also only over internet :mrgreen:

ani.india1981

Post by ani.india1981 » Thu, 19 Mar 2015 6:04 pm

Bored now...No replies…You guys (not to All..I have respect for most of the Members in this forum) only bully when someone is nice….No answer when someone comes hard @ you…Not saying cowards …
It’s so funny…ppl who can’t write a single sentence correctly….complaining about others
Anyway…will try to check this link again if get time…Enjoy this forum!!!
:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
and more..................... :-)
Bye Bye...Good Luck...Dont get irritated easily...It only hurts you :-)

NB
I hope …you are not going remove ….from keyboard ](*,)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 19 Mar 2015 6:12 pm

The last "hard" one I saw here was a middle aged lady (we think she was female) from the UK about 3 years ago. Most today cannot hold a candle, truth be known. Therefore those that follow and cannot cut the mustard, cannot hold our attention. That's probably why the last response was a while ago. That and it travel time to go from the office. I'm out the door when I hit enter. :console:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ani.india1981

Post by ani.india1981 » Fri, 20 Mar 2015 6:00 pm

Hello…English…Teachers (or Jokers)…

Where are you (hiding)….Need your help (in trans-humiliation)…Please don’t shy away (in your *at hole)….show us your skills (knowledge-bullying).…

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Fri, 20 Mar 2015 7:42 pm

ani.india1981 wrote:Hello…English…Teachers (or Jokers)…

Where are you (hiding)….Need your help (in trans-humiliation)…Please don’t shy away (in your *at hole)….show us your skills (knowledge-bullying).…
There is no need to provoke.. Let it be, find some other useful threads to participate in.
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

ani.india1981

Post by ani.india1981 » Fri, 20 Mar 2015 8:58 pm

Tum karo to rash leela aur hum kare to character dhila
(Sorry...Cant translate....English teacher....English teacher...plz translate for me :x :x :x )

I fully know what I am posting is wrong...but this is just to show some idiots (now you can say I am one of them, so including my-self)how not to behave... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 20 Mar 2015 10:33 pm

ani.india1981 wrote: Where are you (hiding)….Need your help (in trans-humiliation)…Please don’t shy away (in your *at hole)….show us your skills (knowledge-bullying).…
You don't need our help. You are humiliating yourself just fine without our help. :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers