Singapore Expats Forum

Re: Singapore is the 2nd highest consumers of Shark Fins sou

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34266
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: Singapore is the 2nd highest consumers of Shark Fins sou

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 31 Mar 2015 4:35 pm

whiteflag wrote:
Yes I am a Singaporean who loves eating shark fin soup.

Since when does TFR has anything to do with math? Going by your assumption whoever breeds the most would be the best in Maths...........Bravo =D> =D> =D>

I assume that u are a foreign immigrant working in Singapore and by the way you reply I assume that u are a Caucasian

Times have changed and there is a reason why u are here on the other half of the world serving us

Preach your rightist a dam can eventually burst from a single drop of water to your fellow foreign workers


See..... Common sense eludes you completely. That's why it was easy to figure out you were "local". #-o

As far as my being a Caucasian, you had a pretty good chance, even with your limited abilities, of guessing that correctly considering this is an Expat Forum. :roll:

You also tend to miss double entendres completely as well, If you all could multiply better you would have more children and would not need as many of us here. :-k

The only reason I am here is I'm married to a Singaporean for the last 32 years and have a local mother in law and several (you will notice, I can multiple better - my TFR is 2.0) children in their 20's & 30 here. Oh, I serve no one. I am paid handsomely for what I do. Definitely not a servant. :wink:

Don't play with the big boys if you are going to pee like a puppy. Grow some.

whiteflag
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu, 05 Mar 2015

Re: Singapore is the 2nd highest consumers of Shark Fins sou

Postby whiteflag » Tue, 31 Mar 2015 4:40 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
whiteflag wrote:
Yes I am a Singaporean who loves eating shark fin soup.

Since when does TFR has anything to do with math? Going by your assumption whoever breeds the most would be the best in Maths...........Bravo =D> =D> =D>

I assume that u are a foreign immigrant working in Singapore and by the way you reply I assume that u are a Caucasian

Times have changed and there is a reason why u are here on the other half of the world serving us

Preach your rightist a dam can eventually burst from a single drop of water to your fellow foreign workers


See..... Common sense eludes you completely. That's why it was easy to figure out you were "local". #-o

As far as my being a Caucasian, you had a pretty good chance, even with your limited abilities, of guessing that correctly considering this is an Expat Forum. :roll:

You also tend to miss double entendres completely as well, If you all could multiply better you would have more children and would not need as many of us here. :-k

The only reason I am here is I'm married to a Singaporean for the last 32 years and have a local mother in law and several (you will notice, I can multiple better - my TFR is 2.0) children in their 20's & 30 here. Oh, I serve no one. I am paid handsomely for what I do. Definitely not a servant. :wink:

Don't play with the big boys if you are going to pee like a puppy. Grow some.


going by your assumption i am sure your wife doesn't have any common sense which makes you so sure i am a "local"

How did you even tolerate 32 years!

I feel for you

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34266
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: Singapore is the 2nd highest consumers of Shark Fins sou

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 31 Mar 2015 5:01 pm

whiteflag wrote:
going by your assumption i am sure your wife doesn't have any common sense which makes you so sure i am a "local"

How did you even tolerate 32 years!

I feel for you


She doesn't have any. She married me! But I have to agree with you, when I run into your kind, the place become extremely intolerable, but due to family commitments, until my MiL passes on, I have to put up with the intolerable. So be it. We all have our albatross. Fortunately, you are only a deluded keyboard in cyberspace to me. :wink:

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5239
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Midgar

Re: Singapore is the 2nd highest consumers of Shark Fins sou

Postby the lynx » Tue, 31 Mar 2015 5:17 pm

whiteflag wrote:]This is where abilities don't lie either. Either you parrot off facts or you dissect them.

What can you infer from these facts and statistics presented above?


if just 1% of china population eats shark fin it is around 13million

even if 100% of singapore population is only around 5million

do i have to teach u the maths? Yes u are right abilities don't lie[/quote]

Image

Don't you learn in school how to interpret data and give analysis or inference from information given?

Thank goodness, for one moment there, I thought I had to be schooled! Turns out I'm not the only one who thinks that your discussion is flawed.

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Re: Singapore is the 2nd highest consumers of Shark Fins sou

Postby JR8 » Tue, 31 Mar 2015 7:25 pm

There is no point even discussing the issue/problem with shark-fin; he is just a jealous/bitter/trolly local kid here to have a pop at the expats. He probably lost his boyfriend to some butch German Fraulein lady banker, hence his ire.

Let the games continue, he'll know his ip is logged. Stirring social unrest vs government policy.... hmmm, good luck to him :-k


p.s. Jeez: 'That moment you get a Friday-feeling on a Tuesday already'.
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

Sporkin
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri, 20 Jun 2014

Re: Singapore is the 2nd highest consumers of Shark Fins sou

Postby Sporkin » Tue, 31 Mar 2015 7:35 pm

Off topic...I wonder about the plausible deniability of IP with unsecured wifi quite commonly available. I see a bunch of people (mainly labourers ) around my place congregating in 2 areas, and lo and behold there's free wifi access, whether be it by design out of the owner's kindness or by IT ignorance I don't know.

JR8 wrote:There is no point even discussing the issue/problem with shark-fin; he is just a jealous/bitter/trolly local kid here to have a pop at the expats. He probably lost his boyfriend to some butch German Fraulein lady banker, hence his ire.

Let the games continue, he'll know his ip is logged. Stirring social unrest vs government policy.... hmmm, good luck to him :-k


p.s. Jeez: 'That moment you get a Friday-feeling on a Tuesday already'.

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9165
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Re: Singapore is the 2nd highest consumers of Shark Fins sou

Postby x9200 » Tue, 31 Mar 2015 8:08 pm

Sporkin wrote:Off topic...I wonder about the plausible deniability of IP with unsecured wifi quite commonly available. I see a bunch of people (mainly labourers ) around my place congregating in 2 areas, and lo and behold there's free wifi access, whether be it by design out of the owner's kindness or by IT ignorance I don't know.

By IP not possible. Or you meant traceability/identification? If this is by a locally purchased gsm device then I guess no major sweat (for the authorities). Any non-gsm based would probably require cross-matching (e.g. with a wired network provider client).

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9280
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Singapore is the 2nd highest consumers of Shark Fins sou

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 31 Mar 2015 8:59 pm

x9200 wrote:
Sporkin wrote:Off topic...I wonder about the plausible deniability of IP with unsecured wifi quite commonly available. I see a bunch of people (mainly labourers ) around my place congregating in 2 areas, and lo and behold there's free wifi access, whether be it by design out of the owner's kindness or by IT ignorance I don't know.

By IP not possible. Or you meant traceability/identification? If this is by a locally purchased gsm device then I guess no major sweat (for the authorities). Any non-gsm based would probably require cross-matching (e.g. with a wired network provider client).


ISPs have to maintain the traffic record for upto a year.

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Re: Singapore is the 2nd highest consumers of Shark Fins sou

Postby JR8 » Tue, 31 Mar 2015 9:24 pm

Even by 1994 the state were passively monitoring all phone calls. If you think there is anything you say/write via a SGn (state owned) telco these days, perhaps consider more closely.
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

Sporkin
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri, 20 Jun 2014

Re: Singapore is the 2nd highest consumers of Shark Fins sou

Postby Sporkin » Wed, 01 Apr 2015 9:52 am

Tracing by IP I mean. No mobile data, third party uses unsecured wifi to do malicious things online. AFAIK the MAC address isn't leaked outside of the router, unless the router firmware keeps a history of connected MACs.


x9200 wrote:
Sporkin wrote:Off topic...I wonder about the plausible deniability of IP with unsecured wifi quite commonly available. I see a bunch of people (mainly labourers ) around my place congregating in 2 areas, and lo and behold there's free wifi access, whether be it by design out of the owner's kindness or by IT ignorance I don't know.

By IP not possible. Or you meant traceability/identification? If this is by a locally purchased gsm device then I guess no major sweat (for the authorities). Any non-gsm based would probably require cross-matching (e.g. with a wired network provider client).

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9165
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Re: Singapore is the 2nd highest consumers of Shark Fins sou

Postby x9200 » Wed, 01 Apr 2015 10:11 am

Sporkin wrote:Tracing by IP I mean. No mobile data, third party uses unsecured wifi to do malicious things online. AFAIK the MAC address isn't leaked outside of the router, unless the router firmware keeps a history of connected MACs.

I believe the MACs normally go outside unless it is deliberatelly set in the router to use the routers MAC or you do some other ways of MAC spoofing. If the case I don't think there is an easy, generic way to trace the device assuming we are talking about some end-user class of the routers.
If this is an ISP, this sort of info can and should be stored not necessary on the router.

If one is a bit more determined, the identity can still likely be obtained - for example, making time references between what is recoded in the gsm base stations in that area and the traffic coming from the router.
If this was a pure wifi connection with the gsm radio down, then I think, tough lack (assuming no other factors are in the game, like RFIDs, i.e. EZlink card).

Zzm should be able to elaborate more on this.

bgd
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1176
Joined: Wed, 25 Jul 2007

Re: Singapore is the 2nd highest consumers of Shark Fins sou

Postby bgd » Wed, 01 Apr 2015 10:52 am

With all this talk of traceability I notice that WhiteFlag has gone quiet. :D

The authorities seem to be pretty good at tracking people down in Sg. If they want to find you I reckon it won't take them long.

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Re: Singapore is the 2nd highest consumers of Shark Fins sou

Postby nakatago » Wed, 01 Apr 2015 12:19 pm

bgd wrote:With all this talk of traceability I notice that WhiteFlag has gone quiet. :D

The authorities seem to be pretty good at tracking people down in Sg. If they want to find you I reckon it won't take them long.


Small country. Where are you gonna hide?

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9280
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Singapore is the 2nd highest consumers of Shark Fins sou

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 01 Apr 2015 12:53 pm

nakatago wrote:
bgd wrote:With all this talk of traceability I notice that WhiteFlag has gone quiet. :D

The authorities seem to be pretty good at tracking people down in Sg. If they want to find you I reckon it won't take them long.


Small country. Where are you gonna hide?


The Singapore Cops more than once located and relocated guys from Malaysia !!!

TMD
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue, 07 Apr 2015

Re: Singapore is the 2nd highest consumers of Shark Fins sou

Postby TMD » Tue, 07 Apr 2015 9:16 pm

whiteflag wrote:Yes I am a Singaporean who loves eating shark fin soup.
Since when does TFR has anything to do with math? Going by your assumption whoever breeds the most would be the best in Maths...........Bravo =D> =D> =D>
I assume that u are a foreign immigrant working in Singapore and by the way you reply I assume that u are a Caucasian

Times have changed and there is a reason why u are here on the other half of the world serving us
Preach your rightist a dam can eventually burst from a single drop of water to your fellow foreign workers


Ouch. :mrgreen:


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests