Singapore Expats

need guidance to change my career

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
naga magi

need guidance to change my career

Post by naga magi » Wed, 18 Mar 2015 3:37 pm

Hi
I am currently holding s pass. I am working here for a month. I am currently working as admin. I am looking for java developer job here. Is it possible to change the job now? But I am not getting call for interview as everyone says no quota for s pass. Please guide me what I should do.

All the companies who contacted me say there is quota for epass. In that case Am I eligible for epass? Or is there any time period required me to stay in s pass in order to get epass. :???:
Last edited by naga magi on Wed, 18 Mar 2015 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: need guidance to change my career

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 18 Mar 2015 3:57 pm

Sounds like you need to be thankful you even have a job. It probably will last only to the next renewal if you are lucky and the company still has quota after the tightening up of the S pass quotas. Whatever you do, if you find another position, make sure you have the IPA BEFORE submitting your notice from your current employer. Otherwise, you may well find yourself out of a job completely. Don't say you haven't been warned. :-k
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: need guidance to change my career

Post by the lynx » Wed, 18 Mar 2015 4:31 pm

naga magi wrote:Hi
I am currently holding s pass. I am working here for a month. I am currently working as admin. I am looking for java developer job here. Is it possible to change the job now? But I am not getting call for interview as everyone says no quota for s pass. Please guide me what I should do
Tough luck. No quota for S Pass means you really do not have the chance to get in for that company. Different company has different quotas so you have to try as many companies as you can. Remember SMS's advice about IPA before you make any jump.