Singapore Expats

Fitness First or Amore Fitness?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
Refit96

Fitness First or Amore Fitness?

Post by Refit96 » Tue, 17 Mar 2015 1:36 pm

Hi, may i know what are your views and opinions about these two fitness clubs regarding to the classes(yoga, pilates, cardio, etc) and the crowd of the gym and classes! Have difficulties deciding between these two fitness clubs. Thank you!

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: Fitness First or Amore Fitness?

Post by the lynx » Tue, 17 Mar 2015 1:44 pm

Refit96 wrote:Hi, may i know what are your views and opinions about these two fitness clubs regarding to the classes(yoga, pilates, cardio, etc) and the crowd of the gym and classes! Have difficulties deciding between these two fitness clubs. Thank you!
Amore is female-friendly gyms. So if you're self-conscious about exercising in front of males, then this is the place.

Fitness First is among the best run-of-the-mill gym network in Singapore.

Different branch have different problems. So you need to be specific about the location. For example, Jurong branch of Amore is insanely crowded! FF have way more outlets than Amore but that doesn't mean that it has no issue with crowds. For example, FF Fusionopolis and Metropolis (near each other) do not have crowds as crazy as the ones in Tampines and Raffles area.

In terms of pricing, I do not know the exact prices. It has been a long time but from my memory, Amore is cheaper but that depends on your package.

Refit96

Post by Refit96 » Tue, 17 Mar 2015 1:56 pm

Thank you for sharing your views! Will think properly before signing up :)

heliotropic365
Regular
Regular

Post by heliotropic365 » Tue, 24 Mar 2015 2:14 pm

In my opinion, Fitness First is a much more complete gym, with a lot more options for working out.

dooori

Post by dooori » Sun, 05 Apr 2015 4:20 am

I am a foreigner here and I wanna know where to get psychiatric treatment. Will it help my problem if I go. Will they give me some anti depression pills to stop my worry?
dolii

Jothey

Post by Jothey » Sun, 05 Apr 2015 9:08 am

dooori wrote:I am a foreigner here and I wanna know where to get psychiatric treatment. Will it help my problem if I go. Will they give me some anti depression pills to stop my worry?
go n see a doctor

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 05 Apr 2015 12:31 pm

dooori wrote:I am a foreigner here and I wanna know where to get psychiatric treatment. Will it help my problem if I go. Will they give me some anti depression pills to stop my worry?
Institute of mental health
https://www.imh.com.sg/

Samaritans of Singapore
https://sos.org.sg/

asianwanderer

Post by asianwanderer » Sun, 05 Apr 2015 11:27 pm

Kinda liked Evolve when I was very keen in learning self-defence and boxing but shifted to Fitness First after a couple of months because it's incredibly cheaper. Yeah, I believe Amore is exclusively for women only. Can't complain with Fitness First.

chewwl88

Post by chewwl88 » Sat, 17 Sep 2016 1:09 pm

by the way, do you know how much membership fees in fitness first?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Fitness First or Amore Fitness?

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 17 Sep 2016 2:07 pm

chewwl88 wrote:by the way, do you know how much membership fees in fitness first?
Price varies on how deep your pocket is Image

And how many Add Ons you accept ;)

ricoleandrona

Post by ricoleandrona » Tue, 04 Oct 2016 1:54 pm

Location is usually the main reason for choosing a gym. Price is secondary. True Fitness isnt so bad especially Great World City area.