Singapore Expats

Have EP from my employer but the travel plan got cancelled

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
hellboy1986

Have EP from my employer but the travel plan got cancelled

Post by hellboy1986 » Sun, 15 Mar 2015 1:13 pm

Hi,

I am an Indian working for an IT consulting services firm. I was earmarked for a project in Singapore and was issued EP in Jan-2015. Due to the budget issue with the client the project got cancelled and my travel plans are shelved. The EP is valid till Jul-2015. Could anyone suggest if I can use this EP to find a job in Singapore or I can only travel through my present employer?

And, does it hamper my chances of getting an EP at a later stage if my present EP expires without my relocation?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Have EP from my employer but the travel plan got cancell

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 15 Mar 2015 2:46 pm

hellboy1986 wrote:Hi,

I am an Indian working for an IT consulting services firm. I was earmarked for a project in Singapore and was issued EP in Jan-2015. Due to the budget issue with the client the project got cancelled and my travel plans are shelved. The EP is valid till Jul-2015. Could anyone suggest if I can use this EP to find a job in Singapore or I can only travel through my present employer?

And, does it hamper my chances of getting an EP at a later stage if my present EP expires without my relocation?
You don't have an EP. All you have is an IPA (In Principle Approval). You have until Jul 2015 before the IPA expires. Unless you have actually arrived in Singapore and had the actual EP issued, you are okay. It will just expire and if/when you ever find another position on offer, your potential employer will have to start the process all over again. The waiting time should be shortened as you apparently have already been vetted but your employer will still have to justify hiring a foreigner as opposed to hiring a local with the same qualifications.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Sun, 15 Mar 2015 2:51 pm

Your company will probably cancel the IPA as well.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 15 Mar 2015 2:54 pm

Wd40 wrote:Your company will probably cancel the IPA as well.

Doubtful. It's an Indian Consulting firm. They'll hold one to it and try to sell it to another company. :-|
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

hellboy1986

Post by hellboy1986 » Sun, 15 Mar 2015 3:06 pm

Thanks guys

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Mon, 16 Mar 2015 12:35 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Wd40 wrote:Your company will probably cancel the IPA as well.

Doubtful. It's an Indian Consulting firm. They'll hold one to it and try to sell it to another company. :-|
I didn't know IPA is transferable?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 16 Mar 2015 5:49 pm

It isn't, but it wont stop them from trying if they are india based. :roll: