Singapore Expats

Singapore Citizenship Application Outcome

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Singapore Citizenship Application Outcome

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 30 Jul 2015 3:22 pm

Apparently, just like your UK one. ;-)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Sp1d3rMan
Regular
Regular

Post by Sp1d3rMan » Thu, 30 Jul 2015 5:14 pm

My Brother in law applied together with his 2 daughter received rejection letter 2 days ago. they waited about 7 months.
Malaysian Chinese, not sure what's the root cause of rejection..

Mine application still pending and it's 10 months plus waiting time. (finger cross)

ful babu
Regular
Regular

Post by ful babu » Thu, 30 Jul 2015 7:00 pm

here4good wrote:Hello all,

Application Status: SC of wife approved in-principle
good for you, just curious .. did you receive the ipa letter first or saw it in iEnquiry ?

I hope I am not the oldest in terms of application age, applied in jan 14.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 30 Jul 2015 8:03 pm

@Barnsley - Just like the Singapore paddler who went back to China and gave up her SC and got back her PRC Citizenship.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

here4good

Post by here4good » Thu, 30 Jul 2015 9:28 pm

I got the letter by snail mail.

My trusted friend, iEnquiry which I checked everyday for the past 21 months still shows Pending ](*,)

MeerCatMoose

Post by MeerCatMoose » Sat, 01 Aug 2015 8:22 pm

Just received rejection on my application including wife and two children. 7 month wait.

Funny thing, is that my junior work colleague from the US - who is single, but younger than me - was accepted. Major difference - Chinese ancestry. The annoying thing is that he doesn't plan on staying here for the long term!

Ah well, apply again later in the hear. Just been promoted and I now support the business license (part of a big bank).

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 01 Aug 2015 9:34 pm

MeerCatMoose wrote:Major difference - Chinese ancestry. The annoying thing is that he doesn't plan on staying here for the long term!
Been there, seen enough of folks who get SC and as soon as they get it, they pack their bags using the various advantages the Pink IC brings.

Alas, ICA has no way to find out the actual intentions when they give out SC.

ful babu
Regular
Regular

Post by ful babu » Sat, 01 Aug 2015 11:07 pm

MeerCatMoose wrote:
Funny thing, is that my junior work colleague from the US - who is single, but younger than me - was accepted. Major difference - Chinese ancestry.
From ICA's point of view i see nothing but potentials.

Single - can get married to a local girl
Young - does have more time and opportunity to soak into local culture.
Chinese? nothing more to say.

edit: spelling - local , time, opportunity
Last edited by ful babu on Sun, 02 Aug 2015 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Sat, 01 Aug 2015 11:18 pm

Sp1d3rMan wrote:My Brother in law applied together with his 2 daughter received rejection letter 2 days ago. they waited about 7 months.

Mine application still pending and it's 10 months plus waiting time. (finger cross)
Several factors: Age and professional level - if older but not 'climbing the ladder' as ICA would like, then no go. Age and salary - if stagnant salary or below average for either profession or age, then no go.

You don't mention wife... is she SC or applying for PR as well?

earlgreyaulait

Post by earlgreyaulait » Mon, 10 Aug 2015 1:36 am

Hi! I was just wondering if anyone here could help me evaluate my chances of getting a Singapore citizenship! I've searched many other forums but this one was the most useful so far so I really hope to get some opinions from the people here :)

I'm Malaysian Chinese, only 19 this year but planning to apply for citizenship once I'm 21. I've obtained my PR since 2002 so that means that I would have been a PR for 15 years by the time I'm eligible for application. Completed my primary, secondary and junior college education all here in Singapore and am planning to study overseas with the intention of coming back to work. The main thing I'm worried about is that, since I would only be 21 then, how would the ICA "judge" my "usefulness" if I'm still in school without a salary, etc.?

Would really appreciate any help given :) Thanks!

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 10 Aug 2015 2:28 am

earlgreyaulait wrote:Hi! I was just wondering if anyone here could help me evaluate my chances of getting a Singapore citizenship! I've searched many other forums but this one was the most useful so far so I really hope to get some opinions from the people here :)

I'm Malaysian Chinese, only 19 this year but planning to apply for citizenship once I'm 21. I've obtained my PR since 2002 so that means that I would have been a PR for 15 years by the time I'm eligible for application. Completed my primary, secondary and junior college education all here in Singapore and am planning to study overseas with the intention of coming back to work. The main thing I'm worried about is that, since I would only be 21 then, how would the ICA "judge" my "usefulness" if I'm still in school without a salary, etc.?

When are you doing NS?

earlgreyaulait

Post by earlgreyaulait » Mon, 10 Aug 2015 2:18 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
earlgreyaulait wrote:Hi! I was just wondering if anyone here could help me evaluate my chances of getting a Singapore citizenship! I've searched many other forums but this one was the most useful so far so I really hope to get some opinions from the people here :)

When are you doing NS?
I'm a female so I won't be serving NS.

ful babu
Regular
Regular

Post by ful babu » Tue, 11 Aug 2015 2:19 pm

earlgreyaulait wrote:
Completed my primary, secondary and junior college education all here in Singapore and am planning to study overseas with the intention of coming back to work. The main thing I'm worried about is that, since I would only be 21 then, how would the ICA "judge" my "usefulness" if I'm still in school without a salary, etc.?
Do you mean you want to apply SC while you are studying overseas ? that might raise a red flag. If I were you, I would finish my study overseas, get a job in Singapore and then apply.

IMO living in Singapore,for SC application, might be the most important judging point of all , as well as for REP renewals.

Good luck

Sp1d3rMan
Regular
Regular

Post by Sp1d3rMan » Thu, 13 Aug 2015 10:08 am

Strong Eagle wrote:
Sp1d3rMan wrote:My Brother in law applied together with his 2 daughter received rejection letter 2 days ago. they waited about 7 months.

Several factors: Age and professional level - if older but not 'climbing the ladder' as ICA would like, then no go. Age and salary - if stagnant salary or below average for either profession or age, then no go.

You don't mention wife... is she SC or applying for PR as well?

Sister in Law PR for many years but didn't apply together, BIL not staying in Singapore,everyday in and out, so i think that's many factors causing the rejection,

ful babu
Regular
Regular

Post by ful babu » Tue, 18 Aug 2015 10:02 am

The bottom line is social programming enforced ... page 10

http://www.nptd.gov.sg/portals/0/homepa ... f-2014.pdf