Singapore Expats

Singapore Citizenship Application Outcome

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Singapore Citizenship Application Outcome

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 17 Apr 2015 8:15 pm

rockstar_sg wrote: If so, why my colleague and family member (both are Malaysian Chinese) got rejected ? You got the justification? Lol !!
As I said in the beginning, nothing is guaranteed. Everything has different weight/points. Are you really that dense? We are trying to give you the lowdown and you want to nitpick. Nothing, absolutely nothing, regardless of where you are from, is guaranteed. Including your continued presence on this board if you keep spamming new threads with the same content. I deleted the identical post.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Farhat

Post by Farhat » Fri, 17 Apr 2015 8:20 pm

Farhat wrote:If your application is taking too long is it a good chance that's it will be accepted

ful babu
Regular
Regular

Post by ful babu » Sat, 18 Apr 2015 12:37 pm

Farhat wrote:
Farhat wrote:If your application is taking too long is it a good chance that's it will be accepted
omg ... ](*,)

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 18 Apr 2015 12:45 pm

ful babu wrote:
Farhat wrote:
omg ... ](*,)
^^^This!

ful babu, you all wonder why we sometimes get a wee bit sarcastic? When you've been doing this for over a decade, and you see the general quality of applicants steadily deteriorating (with the occasional exceptions), it's difficult to maintain composure and give non-colorful responses. :wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

VeeCee

Post by VeeCee » Thu, 23 Apr 2015 11:50 am

Hi,

I am trying to find the best thread for similar experiences and/or appeal process for Singapore citizenship application and hopefully communicate with those who are in the same boat. My husband who applied in March 2013 just got rejected few days ago. So, it's been a little over 2 years. It was a roller coaster but we felt pretty confident towards the end since it had taken so long. Alas...Anybody out here care to share your next steps if you got rejected and if you plan to appeal either soon enough or with strengthened points as to why we think it might have been rejected? Any thoughts/input is very much appreciated in this disappointing time.

Thanks.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 23 Apr 2015 3:29 pm

With strengthened points? How so? Has anything materially changed other than maybe COLA increases. New Job? More/any children? Whopping increase in basic salary (bonuses & commission don't count). What is your ethnicity? A little more information at to background would help immensely.

Sp1d3rMan
Regular
Regular

Post by Sp1d3rMan » Mon, 04 May 2015 3:26 pm

To all new applicant, pending outcome ppl out there.

to be honest, i've crawl thru all the thread for this similar topic, sharing application profile doesn't mean the outcome is the same.

SMS brought up a point, "The only similarities are that fact that you are both human beings"

Once apply, just be patient and wait, i can see a point that why you're eagerly for a result, " afraid of REP rejection due to strengthen policies by ICA" or "eagerly to own a HDB for rent out the room"

if your profile suitable for the future of Singapore, you will be granted.
If your profile unsuitable, just stay with your PR(lucky you have it) and apply again.

this is just my 2 cents thought. I'm waiting for favorable outcome from ICA, but i dont call ICA / Email ICA to rush for an outcome. you may update them your income status change, it may/may not higher the chances in overall.

to be frank, put yourself in the ICA officer's shoes, letting a foreigner to become a citizen in Singapore, there are a lot of factors they need to consider, it not just an "Approve" or "Reject" .

bear with the waiting time.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 04 May 2015 3:32 pm

Thanks Sp1d3y. If they think their wait is bad, look at it from the ICA officer's P.O.V.. If he lets the wrong person in then the Government is possibly stuck with their wrong decision and they could end up being a ward of the state. Can't blame them for "slowly-slowly".

Sp1d3rMan
Regular
Regular

Post by Sp1d3rMan » Mon, 04 May 2015 3:39 pm

No problem SMS, just to tell out what's my thought.

rushing for a result, may end up with a rejection letter and you not happy then comment " bla bla bla"

So whats the point?

ful babu
Regular
Regular

Post by ful babu » Mon, 04 May 2015 9:42 pm

Sp1d3rMan wrote:
to be frank, put yourself in the ICA officer's shoes, letting a foreigner to become a citizen in Singapore, there are a lot of factors they need to consider, it not just an "Approve" or "Reject" .

bear with the waiting time.
absolutely! before let you go through an almost irreversible process, they need to rigorously vet you, which imo, depends mostly where you are from and/or where you have lived.

in fact my G50 clearance (non ICA matter) is also pending for more than 6 months and still "processing" :?

imroot

Post by imroot » Sat, 09 May 2015 12:23 pm

Initial month or so after my PR application I was restless. Used to check the status every week, go through forums like these.. then i realised that all it was doing was increasing my BP. So i gave up and simply stopped bothering. One day (exactly 365 days since the application date) I was returning from work and stopped to check my mailbox and there it was. Its Said Congratulations... 8-)

Now i've applied for Citizenship yesterday.. and hell ya I'm relaxed. If ICA thinks we are an asset to the country, It'll get approved...else it wont.. can't be more simpler than that..

Thursday night I filled up the form.. took photocopies of the docs required and prepared a folder with all the original docs we were asked for.
Friday morning we were there early in the morning, 20 odd people ahead of us. by arnd 9:45 we were told to come back at 12. That was awesome, so i could go to work attend a meeting and come back :)
At 12 we were called to a counter to get our documents verified. All done and we were out by c12:40...

Farhat

Post by Farhat » Sat, 09 May 2015 2:26 pm

You are lucky

imroot

Post by imroot » Sat, 09 May 2015 2:29 pm

Farhat wrote:You are lucky

How so?

Farhat

Post by Farhat » Sat, 09 May 2015 2:33 pm

You are lucky that you are relaxed my citizenship application pending for one year and 10 months, don't know when I will be that lucku

Farhat

Post by Farhat » Sat, 09 May 2015 2:33 pm

Lucky