Hi everyone, I'll be moving from Europe to Singapore in a few months and I'd love to get some thoughts/advice on where to live. I'm 32, male, single. The general idea is that I want a short commute to the CBD (< 30 minutes), I'd like to be close enough to nightlife options but without being in the center of it all, and I definitely need some access to green, outdoor space. Details below:
- your budget: under 3k ideally, some flexibility.
- your workplace: Raffles Place
- the size and/or type of property
that you are seeking: 1br. Doesn't need to be huge, but I'd like at least 50-60 sq. meters
- No car
- proximity to transport required. Proximity to MRT or bus lines is a must! Preferably a direct route to CBD
- no kids/education expenses/schools
Nice to have:
- I would like to have a grocery store, and have food options within walking distance.
- I would like to be near some greenery for jogging and cycling.
- no pets
- no mobility issues
Your current home and commute:
- Definitely a city dweller, but not in the center of things. I like urban spaces that are still open, green, and moderately tranquil.
- Currently in a 1-br in a major European city, in a residential neighborhood on the edge of a big park. That's kind of what I'm looking for--but without being in a complete expat bubble. I'd like some kind of community or neighborhood feel.
- I love the bike commute that I have at the moment. Is it possible to have a pleasant bike commute to the CBD?
I've been looking online, and some condos
near Lavender MRT seem to check a lot of the boxes. Near MRT, near outdoor facilities at Kallang River, possibly even bikeable along the river to the CBD (is this a crazy idea?), but possibly a bit removed from shops?
Robertson Quay also seems like a possibility (possibly breaking my budget)--central, but perhaps crowded?
I've also seen some cheaper options around Little India/Farrar Park/Jalan Besar areas - how are they?
Are there obvious areas that I'm overlooking? Any thoughts/comments/suggestions are welcome! Thanks!