Singapore Expats

Considering Move to SIN-Schools to Visit for Autistic Child

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
mirabellajohnson

Re: Considering Move to SIN-Schools to Visit for Autistic Child

Post by mirabellajohnson » Sun, 16 Apr 2017 10:28 pm

Sally_Sally wrote:I have had Singaporeans ask me why I would leave the US with ASD child and move to SG? There are Singaporeans who would give up everything to get their ASD child to the USA where education is so much better. Singapore Universities offer teaching degrees - but do not have Spec Needs Teaching on curriculum! They are just not understanding that spec needs kids can be educated (govt does not require spec needs kids to attend school at all)
Also, Pathlight as you might expect in SG is a SELECTIVE school, only taking gifted/high functioning children.

Sadly it's true. But yes, Pathlight is a great school. My niece studies there :)

atrancmg

Post by atrancmg » Sat, 09 Jun 2018 10:55 am

I am currently in the same situation. Please advise! What was your findings? Did you eventually move there?

NaveenKumarMeeda

Post by NaveenKumarMeeda » Mon, 05 Aug 2019 9:52 pm

Hello, I understand that I am posting this after so many years, But I am in same situation above, now My son is 7 years old and planning to Move Singapore. He is very hyper active and lack of social skills and it is very tough to him follow directions, but he is high functioning, he is very strong at Maths and English reading. Also my son speaks only English(Not sure what language kids will speak in schools) Our requirement for school

1. Integrated with typical Kids
2. Need at least one on one para professional (like assistant teacher)
3. Services like social skills, OT

Please provide me your experiences.