Singapore Expats

Mullings on PR renewal

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
Primrose Hill
Chatter
Chatter

Mullings on PR renewal

Post by Primrose Hill » Mon, 02 Mar 2015 10:43 am

Believe it or not we are halfway through our REP already. Time flies. I am mulling this for the past few days. Our renewal is April 2018 and in March 2018 my daughter turns 18. I was wondering since we can renew a few months earlier (up to how many months earlier?), that will mean that my daughter will still be under 18 years of age. I suppose that will be the last time she renew with all of us.
After that does she have to apply for her REP separately as an individual or can she still renew as we applied for our PR as a family with me being the lead instigator since I am a Malaysian Chinese etc etc etc.
Thoughts/Advise/Guidance?

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Mullings on PR renewal

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 02 Mar 2015 11:05 am

IME you can renew earlier - I'm not sure how much earlier but I have renewed a few months before (due to travel plans).
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Primrose Hill
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Primrose Hill » Mon, 02 Mar 2015 11:16 am

Yeah, that's my thinking as well. Renew say in Dec 2017 or Jan 2018. So that means, my/our daughter's REP will be renewed for another 5years, so that takes her to 23 years of age, give or take. I wonder after that if she will be able to just renew or she will have to apply as an adult separate from us.

Ideally I would like her to be able to keep renewing and keep her REP until such a time that she couldn't anymore, basically for as long as possible. I mean, with the way the UK and its brothers and sisters in Europe is doing, maybe here may not be a bad choice for her. No idea. Just trying to keep all options open, that's all.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 02 Mar 2015 11:27 am

Three months.
(a) Electronic Re-Entry Permit System (e-REP)
You may submit an application via e-REP 3 months before the expiry date of your current REP.
You will need a SingPass account to access to e-REP. To apply for a SingPass, you may wish to access http://www.singpass.gov.sg.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Primrose Hill
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Primrose Hill » Tue, 03 Mar 2015 11:03 am

I am guessing unless the law changes in the next few years, the spawn can only renew her PR only once. Is that correct?