Singapore Expats Forum

Selfie-Sticks, also known as...

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
nakatago

Selfie-Sticks, also known as...

Postby nakatago » Tue, 24 Feb 2015 10:33 am

* narcissisticks
* wands of narcissism
* For romance. Why? Because even if you're alone, you can still take a picture of yourself

Steve1960
Editor
Editor

Re: Selfie-Sticks, also known as...

Postby Steve1960 » Tue, 24 Feb 2015 11:55 am

bgd
Editor
Editor

Postby bgd » Tue, 24 Feb 2015 12:17 pm

There is a sign in Clark Quay banning them. Perhaps they are dangerous? :???:

I did see a group photo taken with one over the weekend. That looked like a good use. I've also seen some pretty impressive GoPro footage too. But I guess they are so common that the novelty of perspective has worn off.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Postby zzm9980 » Tue, 24 Feb 2015 12:40 pm

bgd wrote:There is a sign in Clark Quay banning them. Perhaps they are dangerous? :???:

I did see a group photo taken with one over the weekend. That looked like a good use. I've also seen some pretty impressive GoPro footage too. But I guess they are so common that the novelty of perspective has worn off.

Yeah, I'm sure a lot of people in crowded places have been smacked with them.

I don't think they're tools of narcism (although some people probably use them as such), but just unique tripod/monopod devices meant for smart phones. They can take a lot of creative shots not otherwise possible.

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Tue, 24 Feb 2015 12:45 pm

zzm9980 wrote:
bgd wrote:There is a sign in Clark Quay banning them. Perhaps they are dangerous? :???:

Yeah, I'm sure a lot of people in crowded places have been smacked with them.

I don't think they're tools of narcism (although some people probably use them as such), but just unique tripod/monopod devices meant for smart phones. They can take a lot of creative shots not otherwise possible.

The problem is people with no spatial awareness just sticking them out willy-nilly and end up poking some innocent bystander who was just walking past.

Sometimes, I think of walking up to a group of Asians and tell them, "I'm sorry but I'll have to ask you to stop because you're perpetuating racial stereotypes."