Singapore Expats

Employment Pass / S Pass Application Approval

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
doomerx

Employment Pass / S Pass Application Approval

Post by doomerx » Mon, 23 Feb 2015 8:57 pm

Hi guys, need to ask for a favor here.
Currently I'm facing this situation. Company A offered me a job and helped me apply for EP, it's already approved. However, Company A told me they no longer need to hire new employee. Therefore, they withdrawn my EP application (didn't even do medical check up yet) before I started to work there.
So now, Company B wanted to offer me a job, they will be applying EP for me again. My question is, will it affect the result of my second EP approval since my first one was withdrawn? Thanks :)

nlr3169

Re: Employment Pass / S Pass Application Approval

Post by nlr3169 » Wed, 25 Feb 2015 1:36 pm

doomerx wrote:Hi guys, need to ask for a favor here.
Currently I'm facing this situation. Company A offered me a job and helped me apply for EP, it's already approved. However, Company A told me they no longer need to hire new employee. Therefore, they withdrawn my EP application (didn't even do medical check up yet) before I started to work there.
So now, Company B wanted to offer me a job, they will be applying EP for me again. My question is, will it affect the result of my second EP approval since my first one was withdrawn? Thanks :)
No. It will not affect your EP approval. Ask the old employer to cancel your EP, then only the new employer can apply for your EP. See to that your Old EP is cancelled in the MOM site and then ask the new employer to file your EP case.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 25 Feb 2015 2:36 pm

nlr3169 wrote:
No. It will not affect your EP approval. Ask the old employer to cancel your EP, then only the new employer can apply for your EP. See to that your Old EP is cancelled in the MOM site and then ask the new employer to file your EP case.
Yes. It CAN affect your EP approval. But not in the way you might think. The new position with a new employer can cause a relook at your application and how it applies to the new company. Remember, you need to be qualified for the "new" position in the eyes of the MOM and that also depends on the position being offered. It's a crap shoot every time you apply for an employment pass. The fact that you qualified for a pass with one company doesn't guarantee that you will be successful with the next company. This is why we always advise one to get an IPA before turning in their notice with their old employer. I know that isn't the situation in your case, but that notwithstanding, you have to re-qualify for the new employer as if no application has ever been filed. Good Luck.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

doomerx

Post by doomerx » Sun, 01 Mar 2015 5:08 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
nlr3169 wrote:
Yes. It CAN affect your EP approval. But not in the way you might think. The new position with a new employer can cause a relook at your application and how it applies to the new company. Remember, you need to be qualified for the "new" position in the eyes of the MOM and that also depends on the position being offered. It's a crap shoot every time you apply for an employment pass. The fact that you qualified for a pass with one company doesn't guarantee that you will be successful with the next company. This is why we always advise one to get an IPA before turning in their notice with their old employer. I know that isn't the situation in your case, but that notwithstanding, you have to re-qualify for the new employer as if no application has ever been filed. Good Luck.
HI, thanks for the reply. I just got my EP approved. Now I'm facing another dilemma. On my disembarkation card length of stay section, I filled 12 days which is until next Thursday 5 Mar. However, my medical report will only be out on next Thursday and my employer told me that I can go register at MOM on Friday. If i do not leave Singapore on Thursday, will i be considered as overstay even the stamp on my card and passport was 30 days visit which is until 23 Mar. Thank you.

nlr3169

Post by nlr3169 » Sun, 01 Mar 2015 6:40 pm

@ doomerx. Pl approach the ICA directly on Monday and explain yr EP approval and length of stay problems etc. They will definitely help you.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 01 Mar 2015 6:43 pm

doomerx wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
HI, thanks for the reply. I just got my EP approved. Now I'm facing another dilemma. On my disembarkation card length of stay section, I filled 12 days which is until next Thursday 5 Mar. However, my medical report will only be out on next Thursday and my employer told me that I can go register at MOM on Friday. If i do not leave Singapore on Thursday, will i be considered as overstay even the stamp on my card and passport was 30 days visit which is until 23 Mar. Thank you.
Take your IPA, your passport, your disembarkation card and go down to ICA at Kallang and tell them you need a week's extension in order to clear formalities to get your new EP. It shouldn't be a problem. Oh, and take some cash as well (not sure of the cost, or if there is one). They are pretty good about things like this as long as you show up with all the required documentation.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers