Singapore Expats

Amending a PR

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Neon09

Amending a PR

Post by Neon09 » Sat, 14 Feb 2015 6:21 pm

Hi,

A few days ago I took an appointment for the PR. Unfortunately, in a hurry I chose 1 (person) rather than 2. Is it possible to amend it to 2 people rather than 1 now? My appointment is in April.

Also, what are the chances of getting a PR here. We are an Indian couple, both working, although my wife is on a dependant pass. She has studied here in Singapore and have been here for four years at that point. I on the other hand have been here for two years to be exact.

Any advice can help.

Thanks.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Amending a PR

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 14 Feb 2015 7:01 pm

Neon09 wrote:Hi,

A few days ago I took an appointment for the PR. Unfortunately, in a hurry I chose 1 (person) rather than 2. Is it possible to amend it to 2 people rather than 1 now? My appointment is in April.

Also, what are the chances of getting a PR here. We are an Indian couple, both working, although my wife is on a dependant pass. She has studied here in Singapore and have been here for four years at that point. I on the other hand have been here for two years to be exact.

Any advice can help.

Thanks.
Frankly, with the little information you have provided, I'd say it's not going to make a bit of difference. I reckon it will be rejected either way.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Neon09

Post by Neon09 » Sun, 15 Feb 2015 9:53 am

Thanks for your reply sundaymorningstaple, not really sure what extra information are you talking about.

Still curious if I can amend the number of people for the appointment.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 15 Feb 2015 11:07 am

Neon09 wrote:Thanks for your reply sundaymorningstaple, not really sure what extra information are you talking about.

Still curious if I can amend the number of people for the appointment.
I think I get it

You booked an appointment for 1 person but want to .submit for your wife too, right ?

Just bring her along with all documents .. most of the time the ica officer will accept it .. rarely will they throw tantrum ..

As for chances .. no comments

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 15 Feb 2015 11:22 am

You can amend it or cancel and resubmit. I really don't know if there is any pros/cons using either method, aside from the fact that you will have to get a new appointment date. It's possible that you will have to get a new appointment date in either case. If so, then it's a moot point. I'd suggest you call ICA as I really don't have a clue how an ICA officer would look at an application where insufficient thought/foresight was given before applying. But that's only my personal point of view. I think you are going to have to call/visit ICA and hopefully, you will return here with the answer so others, in the future, who have made the same mistake (or not) will know the proper procedure to change their election.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 15 Feb 2015 11:26 am

You have given us too little information here to judge if we think your application would be successful. With only Nationality and a couple of years here, without knowing other information like salary levels and industries that your are working in, it is difficult for any of us to make a guess (and it's only a guess) as to your chances of success or not. Based only on your ethnicity and length of time here, the immediate answer is negative, based on all the anecdotal evidence we've accumulated thus far. But there might be other factors we are unaware of that would tip the scales the other direction. Good Luck

midlet2013
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by midlet2013 » Mon, 16 Feb 2015 10:25 am

Did you call ICA ? They will be more helpful to you than folks here.

You are quite careless. Singapore needs individual contributors. Perhaps your wife should also work at the time when you apply.

As it is, things are not easy for Indians as far as PR goes, folks like you make it worse by thinking that studying here is a big selling point.

Neon09 wrote:Hi,

Any advice can help.

Thanks.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 16 Feb 2015 10:54 am

midlet2013 wrote:Did you call ICA ? They will be more helpful to you than folks here.
^ -1

I disagree. ICA won't tell you anything that is not already published as a procedure or requirement. The people here assume you already know all of this. But, what you might find here, that you'll never get from ICA, is people who can give opinions* as to whether they think there are strengths and/or weaknesses in your profile.

So if you call ICA they will likely say go ahead and apply. But, if you outline your application profile here beforehand, you might get feedback, ranging from 'You sound as if you have a decent chance' through the spectrum to 'Don't bother yet, until XYZ has changed': Both pieces of advice, (and the intermediate positions between those two poles), are equally as helpful.

Now of course you might not like the opinion given, but that is another matter, it doesn't make it wrong. If you want to ignore that and send off application after application, flailing yourself and your bank balance against the walls of ICA in some form of near-religious act of devotion to Singapore, then go right ahead, knock yourself out, plenty of people seem to do this: But note, it signals you either can't read the basic requirements and reach an informed judgement for yourself (i.e. stupid), and/or you are desperate. It goes without saying that ICA consider either as a negative, and that will stay on ICAs records, ... in all likelihood for longer than said wannabe-PR will stay in Singapore.

* To be completely clear, opinions, based upon data provided; not suggestions to 'enhance' or 'tailor'. And if you provide almost no data what opinions can you expect here? And indeed what does it say about your state of preparedness for ICA? Would it then surprise you if someone here suggests your application will likely be declined, (as you are apparently not prepared, and haven't done even the most basic research).
Last edited by JR8 on Mon, 16 Feb 2015 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

midlet2013
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by midlet2013 » Mon, 16 Feb 2015 11:13 am

I meant ask ICA how to amend and if they will take two applications if just 1 appointment was made, not about the chances of PR approval.

Anyways, thanks for the speech.

JR8 wrote:
midlet2013 wrote:Did you call ICA ? They will be more helpful to you than folks here.
^ -1

I disagree. ICA won't tell you anything that is not already published as a procedure or requirement. The people here assume you already know all of this. But, what you might find here, that you'll never get from ICA, is people who can give opinions as to whether they think there are strengths and/or weaknesses in your profile.

So if you call ICA they will likely say go ahead and apply. But, if you outline your application profile here beforehand, you might get feedback, ranging from 'You sound as if you have a decent chance' through the spectrum to 'Don't bother yet, until XYZ has changed': Both pieces of advice, (and the intermediate positions between those two poles), are equally as helpful.

Now of course you might not like the opinion given, but that is another matter, it doesn't make it wrong. If you want to ignore that and send off application after application, flailing yourself and your bank balance against the walls of ICA in some form of near-religious act of devotion to Singapore, then go right ahead, knock yourself out, plenty of people seem to do this: But note, it signals you either can't read the basic requirements and reach an informed judgement for yourself (i.e. stupid), and/or you are desperate. It goes without saying that ICA consider either as a negative, and that will stay on ICAs records, ... in all likelihood for longer than said wannabe-PR will stay in Singapore.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 16 Feb 2015 11:34 am

The OP provided a few bare-bones personal details, presumably because it was intended as a 'What are my chances of getting PR?' type question, rather than simply an adminstrative 'How do I amend an appointment?' one. In fact both questions were addressed, including one he appears not to have thought through at all. It couldn't be more helpful really could it?
Hence a comment like that is ripe for misinterpretation.

Anyway, I'm done with this topic. Good luck to the OP.
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”