Hi - hope I followed the template correctly.
My fiancée and I are both in our mid-20's, American, and have lived in London for the last 3 years. In 2 weeks, we are moving to Singapore and will have 30 days to find permanent housing. As 30 days isn't much (and I'll be travelling for work part of that time), I'd like to make the search as efficient as possible and was hoping to narrow down the neighbourhoods to browse prior to arriving. Please let me know if there are any areas you would recommend and I will add them to our list. Thank you for any and all input!
- your budget – Up to $4000/month
- your workplace: 8 Marina View Singapore – looking for a max 30 minute commute
- the size and/or type of property
that you are seeking: 2 bedroom (1 larger master and a smaller study)
- will you have a car here? No car
- proximity to transport required: Need to be within 10 min walk of MRT
- will you have any accompanying children needing to attend school? No kids, just the 2 of us
- will your employer being funding any fees; or will you, 'out of pocket'? Out of pocket
Nice to have:
- will you need to be able to say walk to the local shops, a library, your doctor, a market, and so on?
Would like to be in an area near some shops, cafes, markets. Hawker centers would be nice too.
- access to any specific sport, social, and recreation facilities? Would like to either be in a condo with a pool of at least 25m or in a flat near a pool/gym center.
- are you considering bringing any pets. If so what kind, and will they require outdoor access and/or exercise? No pets
- are you considering bringing any parents/in-laws etc? Do they have specific needs (for example difficulty climbing stairs?) No
- A balcony with a nice view would be nice to have
Your current home and commute:
- are you already a city dweller? i.e. Are you used to city-centre hustle and bustle, or would you hope for a bit more peace and quiet? Would prefer a mix. I don’t want to hear any traffic noise in my flat, but don’t mind being close to the city, especially as I don' like long commutes.
- what is the size and type (apartment, house+garden etc) of your current home? 2 bedroom 70sqmt/700sqft
- what are any current commute times like? 25-30min
Thanks in advance for any advice.