Singapore Expats

LTVP Renewal Processing time

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sweethome123

LTVP Renewal Processing time

Post by sweethome123 » Wed, 28 Jan 2015 9:37 am

Hi,

I m SPR for 6 years, 16 days ago i renewed LTVP for my wife and son. Its not a first time renewal.
Last time it will take around 10 to 12 days.
Now Still pending. May i know what is the processing time.
LTVP expiry date is 2nd feb so still another 6 days only.
So after 2nd feb can i apply short term visa for my wife and son?
plz advice.

Thanks.

bro75
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Re: LTVP Renewal Processing time

Post by bro75 » Wed, 28 Jan 2015 11:11 am

On the ICA website, it says renewal can take about 6 weeks. My experience with my daughter's LTVP renewal processing time is 5 weeks on 2013 and 2 weeks on 2014. It does vary. It is best to renew earlier than 6 weeks to avoid any anxiety. If you do not want to waste the LTVP days when renewing early, you can delay the formalities to up to or even beyond the existing LTVP expiry date depending on the letter you will receive.

You should apply for their SVP on Feb 2 (or 3?) if you do not receive any email from ICA granting an SVP extension by that date. That email should indicate in-principle approval of their LTVP and you can confirm this through the e-VP tool of ICA.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 29 Jan 2015 11:35 am

bro75 wrote:On the ICA website, it says renewal can take about 6 weeks. My experience with my daughter's LTVP renewal processing time is 5 weeks on 2013 and 2 weeks on 2014. It does vary. It is best to renew earlier than 6 weeks to avoid any anxiety. If you do not want to waste the LTVP days when renewing early, you can delay the formalities to up to or even beyond the existing LTVP expiry date depending on the letter you will receive.

You should apply for their SVP on Feb 2 (or 3?) if you do not receive any email from ICA granting an SVP extension by that date. That email should indicate in-principle approval of their LTVP and you can confirm this through the e-VP tool of ICA.
Before the 2nd Feb walk in to ICA and explain at the long term pass info counter that you need to speak to an officer regarding the long Term pass or pending. As you are a PR as long as you have your marriage certificate and child's birth certificate with you , they usually issue/ extend SVP on the spot.

sweethome123

Post by sweethome123 » Thu, 29 Jan 2015 4:25 pm

Thanks bro75. Today LTVP is approved.