Singapore Expats

New Passport, do I need to inform MoM/ICA ?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
CaptainBullus
Regular
Regular

New Passport, do I need to inform MoM/ICA ?

Post by CaptainBullus » Mon, 26 Jan 2015 1:45 am

I am returning to Singapore from the UK next week and have a new UK passport, I have a DP from my wife's EP. Do I need to inform MoM or ICA of my new passport details? Also, can I still use the Resident's gates at immigration or will i need to queue with the plebs?

CaptainBullus
Regular
Regular

Re: New Passport, do I need to inform MoM/ICA ?

Post by CaptainBullus » Mon, 26 Jan 2015 1:58 am

Going to answer my own question here, should have dug a bit harder on the MoM website before posting! #-o

For those interested here's the answer from MoM

"Q10
Can I still use the eIACS if there is a change in my passport details (e.g, passport number / expiry date) which is different from what I have submitted to MOM earlier?
No. You will need to notify MOM on your latest passport details so that when you use the latest/updated passport at the checkpoint, the eIACS is able to retrieve the correct information for verification.
Q11
How do I notify MOM on the changes to my passport details?
You can download the “Request Form for Amendment of Personal Particulars (EP Online)” at MOM’s website (http://www.mom.gov.sg) under Services & Forms. You can submit the scanned copy of the completed form and the required documents (copy of personal particulars page in the travel document) via the iSubmit web portal (http://www.mom.gov.sg/iSubmit). Please select ‘2. Amendment of Personal Particulars for EP / S Pass Holders’ under ‘Request Type’ on the iSubmit portal.
MOM will notify you once we have processed your request. Pending the change in your passport details, please continue to use the manned immigration counters."

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Tue, 27 Jan 2015 1:44 pm

Yep that's all you need to do. You only need to notify MOM, not ICA.

Having been through this recently I did get conflicting info from ICA officers at the airport but following the MOM process you outlined was all that was needed in the end.

CaptainBullus
Regular
Regular

Post by CaptainBullus » Wed, 28 Jan 2015 7:28 am

Thanks for the confirmation!

forfu

Post by forfu » Tue, 29 Dec 2015 3:10 pm

Hi CaptainBullus/bgd,

I need to amend passport details as well. I had downloaded "Request Form for Amendment of Personal Particulars" and noticed that it required organization stamp to complete the form.

Is this mean that the form is for company HR to fill up? Or we can fill up by our own and submit it directly to iSubmit?

Thanks for sharing.

apir0001

Post by apir0001 » Sat, 06 May 2017 6:54 pm

My husband has E-pass, and he will be engaging his employer to apply for my DP. Right now, I have my passport under my maiden name. If we are to submit the requirements for my DP application, we will be submitting my passport details with my maiden name.

What if I change my passport to my married name during the process, then if approved the IPA will be under my maiden name, should I notify MOM about the changes before I continue with the issuance of pass card?

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Sat, 06 May 2017 9:28 pm

apir0001 wrote:My husband has E-pass, and he will be engaging his employer to apply for my DP. Right now, I have my passport under my maiden name. If we are to submit the requirements for my DP application, we will be submitting my passport details with my maiden name.

What if I change my passport to my married name during the process, then if approved the IPA will be under my maiden name, should I notify MOM about the changes before I continue with the issuance of pass card?
Do ONE THING AT A TIME. Get your DP, then update passport particulars.

teeck2u

Post by teeck2u » Wed, 15 May 2019 4:20 pm

Dear all, I am a holder of EP. I just updated my new passport's details (number & validity date) via EP's online service. Below is the path to the service:
EP Online
Change Particulars
Travel Document Details
Edit

The website said it would take 4 working days for the change to effect.

Lizard007

Post by Lizard007 » Mon, 10 Jun 2019 10:46 pm

My husband got a new passport ages ago and didn't update it with MOM. At the airport once they told him to just use his old passport to exit and enter and then he forgot. We are a bit scared now and not sure what to do - anyone had this happen too? Thank you.

The Ref
Chatter
Chatter

Post by The Ref » Wed, 12 Jun 2019 9:39 am

My Daughter left Singapore while on a Student Pass which expires while she is away, so will be returning on a DP. The Pass company wasnt very proactive and the IPA got issued the day after she left.
She has been able to use the eIACS for 8 years, but can she use it if she has an IPA with the DP not issued?