Singapore Expats Forum

Advice on the best place to recruit in Singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Barry.Murphy

Advice on the best place to recruit in Singapore

Postby Barry.Murphy » Thu, 08 Jan 2015 8:24 pm

Hi everyone. I'm working for a company that is looking to expand into Singapore and was wondering if anyone had any advice on the best places to advertise locally. We are looking for English speaking business managers so any advice would be greatly appreciated. We've advertised on Linkedin and Monster.com but haven't had much luck attracting the right applicants.

sundaymorningstaple

Re: Advice on the best place to recruit in Singapore

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 08 Jan 2015 8:47 pm

What kind of business? Retail, F& B, Mfg? Are you looking for local Singaporeans, PRs, any particular ethnic grouping (yeah, I know that's racist). What kind of salary levels are you talking about? Have you tried the local job boards like jobsdb and jobstreet?

Wd40
Director
Director

Postby Wd40 » Fri, 09 Jan 2015 11:53 am

Depends on your company reputation as well. If your company is reputed you will get the right people if not, if you are an unknown brand then its difficult to get good people.

You need to hunt them yourself and pursuade them, use linked in.

First thing people do is google your company's name. If there is some positive press especially on sites like glassdoor you are in luck or else, nope.

Once upon a time I had an unknown small Australia based company with a branch in Singapore, contact me for a job opportunity. A quick search in google revealed a former employee had sue'd the company for wrongful termination. I politely declined for the interview.

EDIT: I just looked up your company's linked in profile, based upon your name. 11-50 employees and 2 employees in Linked In. Its not going to be easy.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 09 Jan 2015 4:42 pm

Wd40 wrote:Depends on your company reputation as well. If your company is reputed you will get the right people if not, if you are an unknown brand then its difficult to get good people.

Actually, if you company is reputed, you will only get Indian applicants as they are the only people in the world who use the word reputed. :P

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Fri, 09 Jan 2015 8:48 pm

Bwahahaha :lol: 8-[
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

Barry.Murphy

Postby Barry.Murphy » Mon, 12 Jan 2015 4:49 pm

Thanks for the advices we`ll definitely check them out.
The job is for business managers who have a good knowledge of the local market.

Regards
Barry Murphy(CEO)