Singapore Expats

Internship Pass?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 9:44 pm

Internship Pass?

Post by mdp14 » Tue, 23 Dec 2014 9:59 pm


I was offered a paid internship for 3 to 6 months.

I checked at the MOM website and I am too old (over 25) to apply for the student pass.

I could get an LTVP from my partner but I am not sure if I'll be able to do an internship on that pass.

Any feedback will be highly appreciated.

ful babu
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 10:06 pm
Location: one of Her Majesty's land

Re: Internship Pass?

Post by ful babu » Mon, 29 Dec 2014 4:32 pm

Firstly, MOM does not issue Student pass, it should be from ICA, again if you are on a student pass you have to be a student admitted to an institute in Singapore and only allowed to work part-time (upto 16 hour per week) or during vacation

IMO you have to get an pass under one these schemes depending on your skill level/salary e.t.c.,

Training Work Permit / Training Employment Pass / Work Holiday Programme.

See more at: ... dsVacation

EDIT: Work Holiday is not applicable for you , as you said you are over 25

LTVP Working: ... lders.aspx

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: realtheory and 15 guests