PNGMK
Governor
Governor

Re: F/25 Russian - Looking 4 new friends

Postby PNGMK » Mon, 22 Dec 2014 5:01 pm

valeriya.ku wrote:
PNGMK wrote:Tell us about Mr Putin?

What exactly you want to hear?
He is a great leader. I am proud of my country and of its face on the international scene.

Great to hear... I am a big fan of Mr Putin - (and I'm an Aussie...). I think he's been a great role model for Russian youth... Yeltsin certainly wasn't (Gorby was ok though).
IANAL. IANACPA. IANA Teacher.
Arrested? Lawyer Up
International School job? School website or www.ISS.edu
School advice? Avoid for profit schools
Tax advice? CPA

valeriya.ku

Postby valeriya.ku » Mon, 12 Jan 2015 2:37 pm

PNGMK wrote:
valeriya.ku wrote:
PNGMK wrote:Tell us about Mr Putin?

What exactly you want to hear?
He is a great leader. I am proud of my country and of its face on the international scene.

Great to hear... I am a big fan of Mr Putin - (and I'm an Aussie...). I think he's been a great role model for Russian youth... Yeltsin certainly wasn't (Gorby was ok though).

Wow, really surprised to here that someone from Australia tolerate Mr Putin's policy :) Usually we hear lots of negative feedback from Australia on latest events connected to Russia.

valeriya.ku

Postby valeriya.ku » Mon, 12 Jan 2015 2:38 pm

Ayooooo, I left for couple of weeks and there's a chat living its own life here !
BTW I spent my NY vacay in India, and you may argue with me for ages and longer, I will always say that there IS a culture, and it is magnificent, beautiful and wise. And I truly hope that the outer world, which lost its identity almost everywhere and brought one, universal and not very human-oriented culture and imposed it on almost all countries, will not erase Indian ancient spirit.

PNGMK
Governor
Governor

Postby PNGMK » Mon, 12 Jan 2015 3:24 pm

valeriya.ku wrote:Ayooooo, I left for couple of weeks and there's a chat living its own life here !
BTW I spent my NY vacay in India, and you may argue with me for ages and longer, I will always say that there IS a culture, and it is magnificent, beautiful and wise. And I truly hope that the outer world, which lost its identity almost everywhere and brought one, universal and not very human-oriented culture and imposed it on almost all countries, will not erase Indian ancient spirit.

I hope so too... the same goes for a few other countries...Tibet, Taiwan, some former Soviet republics (Georgia, Latvia come to mind along with Afghanistan).

Try Pakistan as well as Bangladesh... fascinating places...
Arrested? Lawyer Up
Tax advice? CPA

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Mon, 12 Jan 2015 3:57 pm

valeriya.ku wrote:Ayooooo, I left for couple of weeks and there's a chat living its own life here !

whereabouts did you go in India? good to hear you had a nice time. :mrgreen:
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Mon, 12 Jan 2015 3:59 pm

PNGMK wrote:

I hope so too... the same goes for a few other countries...Tibet, Taiwan, some former Soviet republics (Georgia, Latvia come to mind along with Afghanistan).

Pakistan? in the current state of affairs there,I'd think its a bit too dangerous.

valeriya.ku

Postby valeriya.ku » Mon, 12 Jan 2015 10:13 pm

PNGMK wrote:

Dreaming of going to Afghanistan one day since I was small :) Read tons of books abt country, culture, history and memoirs of people.

valeriya.ku

Postby valeriya.ku » Mon, 12 Jan 2015 10:17 pm

rajagainstthemachine wrote:

Went to Uttrakhand - Haridwar, Rishikesh and Corbett Park. One of my fav routes! Also wanted to visit Himachal Pradesh after that - visit my beloved Kullu, Shimla, Roerichs' house. But we were limited by time :( So next time.

PNGMK
Governor
Governor

Postby PNGMK » Mon, 12 Jan 2015 11:26 pm

valeriya.ku wrote:
PNGMK wrote:

Dreaming of going to Afghanistan one day since I was small :) Read tons of books abt country, culture, history and memoirs of people.

Yes I had the good fortune to go there with my GF at the time.
Arrested? Lawyer Up
Tax advice? CPA

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Tue, 13 Jan 2015 10:17 am

valeriya.ku wrote:
rajagainstthemachine wrote:

Went to Uttrakhand - Haridwar, Rishikesh and Corbett Park. One of my fav routes! Also wanted to visit Himachal Pradesh after that - visit my beloved Kullu, Shimla, Roerichs' house. But we were limited by time :( So next time.

btw I did receive a prize from Roerichs' son when i was a little boy for a painting competition that I'd won.
Himachal is quite a nice place, the locals are quite friendly there as opposed to rabid Delhi. Try visiting Sikkhim and the North East especially Shillong, its a totally different world the north east of India.

Truffles14

Postby Truffles14 » Wed, 28 Jan 2015 10:43 am

Morning all, A few of us are meeting for the first time at Boomarang Boat Quay, 7pm tonight (Happy Hour till 8) - 52 Circular Road Singapore 049407 (right next to 24hr McDonalds and UOB Plaza 1). Please do get involved, it would be great to meet you. Tom

JustSee
Regular
Regular

Postby JustSee » Thu, 19 Feb 2015 1:23 pm

Oi Oi, I might not be here often to update on threads, but at least you can let me know when you post threads on me.

Welcome Valeriya! Check out Akimbo's thread for the weekenders and join us.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 19 Feb 2015 1:34 pm

JustSee wrote:Oi Oi, I might not be here often to update on threads, but at least you can let me know when you post threads on me.

Welcome Valeriya! Check out Akimbo's thread for the weekenders and join us.

Go to your profile and set your preferences to receive notifications. oi oi yourself.

justsee01

Postby justsee01 » Thu, 19 Feb 2015 2:07 pm

I just did! To receive notifications you first need to know the thread is there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustSee
Regular
Regular

Postby JustSee » Thu, 19 Feb 2015 2:09 pm

Have no idea why it was posted with a different nick, tapatalk fault

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk