Singapore Expats Forum

Shoplifting record few years back can apply Spass?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
oliver191
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun, 21 Dec 2014

Shoplifting record few years back can apply Spass?

Postby oliver191 » Sun, 21 Dec 2014 2:03 am

Hi friends .
I need to know i am foreigner as few years back i have shoplifting record few years back , can i apply for work in singapore .

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6842
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Re: Shoplifting record few years back can apply Spass?

Postby zzm9980 » Sun, 21 Dec 2014 11:22 am

You can apply but your hopes of approval are not likely unless your qualifications are extremely compelling. Given it is an spass, I doubt the latter.

oliver191
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun, 21 Dec 2014

Re: Shoplifting record few years back can apply Spass?

Postby oliver191 » Sun, 21 Dec 2014 11:54 am

I have graduated in Accounting field and also have experience, employer is interested in my skills , also last time my application was rejected more than 2 times. ](*,)

User avatar
PNGMK
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5764
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Location: Sinkapore

Re: Shoplifting record few years back can apply Spass?

Postby PNGMK » Sun, 21 Dec 2014 1:20 pm

oliver191 wrote:I have graduated in Accounting field and also have experience, employer is interested in my skills , also last time my application was rejected more than 2 times. ](*,)


It seems unlikely. Try also can.
IANAL. IANACPA. IANA Teacher.
Arrested? Lawyer Up
International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
School advice? Avoid for profit schools
Tax advice? CPA
Pay me $5k for 100% success filling in PR form!

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6842
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Re: Shoplifting record few years back can apply Spass?

Postby zzm9980 » Sun, 21 Dec 2014 2:10 pm

Already rejected twice ? Then why are you even asking. If we tell you "no problem"'will you try to site this forum post in your MOM appeal?

User avatar
PNGMK
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5764
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Location: Sinkapore

Re: Shoplifting record few years back can apply Spass?

Postby PNGMK » Sun, 21 Dec 2014 9:34 pm

zzm9980 wrote:Already rejected twice ? Then why are you even asking. If we tell you "no problem"'will you try to site this forum post in your MOM appeal?


The problem is simple... she has a criminal record of theft and is trying to get a job in the finance or accounting industry. Even MOM aren't thick enough to give her a pass with that background. OP - do you declare this conviction on your job applications? You should be; any decent MNC will turn it up in a background check.
IANAL. IANACPA. IANA Teacher.
Arrested? Lawyer Up
International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
School advice? Avoid for profit schools
Tax advice? CPA
Pay me $5k for 100% success filling in PR form!

oliver191
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun, 21 Dec 2014

Re: Shoplifting record few years back can apply Spass?

Postby oliver191 » Sun, 21 Dec 2014 10:15 pm

thanks for your opinion i no need to post it to MOM,
.. :-k

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5272
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: Shoplifting record few years back can apply Spass?

Postby the lynx » Mon, 22 Dec 2014 10:16 am

Your shoplifting records was in Singapore or your home country?

oliver191
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun, 21 Dec 2014

Re: Shoplifting record few years back can apply Spass?

Postby oliver191 » Mon, 22 Dec 2014 2:16 pm

the lynx wrote:Your shoplifting records was in Singapore or your home country?

singapore five year back

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5272
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: Shoplifting record few years back can apply Spass?

Postby the lynx » Mon, 22 Dec 2014 2:18 pm

oliver191 wrote:
the lynx wrote:Your shoplifting records was in Singapore or your home country?

singapore five year back


Tough. You can try but you were already rejected twice...

oliver191
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun, 21 Dec 2014

Re: Shoplifting record few years back can apply Spass?

Postby oliver191 » Mon, 22 Dec 2014 4:40 pm

the lynx wrote:
oliver191 wrote:
the lynx wrote:Your shoplifting records was in Singapore or your home country?

singapore five year back


Tough. You can try but you were already rejected twice...

i see but can still hope if rejected twice ..

User avatar
PNGMK
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5764
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Location: Sinkapore

Re: Shoplifting record few years back can apply Spass?

Postby PNGMK » Mon, 22 Dec 2014 5:04 pm

Convictions for theft simply don't go well with certain professions;

Law
Accounting
Auditing
Finance
Book-keeping

If I had a conviction for theft I'd have looked into a science, trade cert or engineering degree.

It's like asking a rapist to be in charge of a class room of 15 year olds.... everyone has an opinion on how bad it will turn out, even if it's not true.

(OP - were you actually convicted in a court of law in Singapore?... that might be a get out clause if not).
IANAL. IANACPA. IANA Teacher.
Arrested? Lawyer Up
International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
School advice? Avoid for profit schools
Tax advice? CPA
Pay me $5k for 100% success filling in PR form!

oliver191
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun, 21 Dec 2014

Re: Shoplifting record few years back can apply Spass?

Postby oliver191 » Mon, 22 Dec 2014 7:29 pm

PNGMK wrote:Convictions for theft simply don't go well with certain professions;

Law
Accounting
Auditing
Finance
Book-keeping

If I had a conviction for theft I'd have looked into a science, trade cert or engineering degree.

It's like asking a rapist to be in charge of a class room of 15 year olds.... everyone has an opinion on how bad it will turn out, even if it's not true.

(OP - were you actually convicted in a court of law in Singapore?... that might be a get out clause if not).

No i was released on bail, i didn't went to court and not fined etc..

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35167
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: Shoplifting record few years back can apply Spass?

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 22 Dec 2014 9:18 pm

oliver191 wrote:
PNGMK wrote:Convictions for theft simply don't go well with certain professions;

Law
Accounting
Auditing
Finance
Book-keeping

If I had a conviction for theft I'd have looked into a science, trade cert or engineering degree.

It's like asking a rapist to be in charge of a class room of 15 year olds.... everyone has an opinion on how bad it will turn out, even if it's not true.

(OP - were you actually convicted in a court of law in Singapore?... that might be a get out clause if not).

No i was released on bail, i didn't went to court and not fined etc..


It sounds like you did a runner if you were released on bail and you never went to court. I'm afraid if what you sound like you said is fact, that there is probably an outstanding warrant for your arrest if you were bailed out and left the country before the court date. You can forget ever working in Singapore again if that's the case. In fact, you could find yourself doing time if you enter the country and get picked up.

oliver191
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun, 21 Dec 2014

Re: Shoplifting record few years back can apply Spass?

Postby oliver191 » Mon, 22 Dec 2014 10:25 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
oliver191 wrote:
PNGMK wrote:Convictions for theft simply don't go well with certain professions;

Law
Accounting
Auditing
Finance
Book-keeping

If I had a conviction for theft I'd have looked into a science, trade cert or engineering degree.

It's like asking a rapist to be in charge of a class room of 15 year olds.... everyone has an opinion on how bad it will turn out, even if it's not true.

(OP - were you actually convicted in a court of law in Singapore?... that might be a get out clause if not).

No i was released on bail, i didn't went to court and not fined etc..


It sounds like you did a runner if you were released on bail and you never went to court. I'm afraid if what you sound like you said is fact, that there is probably an outstanding warrant for your arrest if you were bailed out and left the country before the court date. You can forget ever working in Singapore again if that's the case. In fact, you could find yourself doing time if you enter the country and get picked up.

Ya but After on bail i met My IO at police station , i was given warning only and told if it happened again i would face worse. :(


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests