Singapore Expats

S Pass: When to submit background and credit check docs?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
AllBiz

S Pass: When to submit background and credit check docs?

Post by AllBiz » Thu, 18 Dec 2014 2:39 am

On Annex A of Form 8 for the Employment and S pass, I only see the following support document requested:

- Travel document i.e. passport
- Foreign education credentials
- Organization chart of the business unit you will work in
- Support letters from any professional licensing board

I was pretty sure that background and credit checks were part of the application process. Was I wrong? Or are these requested at some other point? (my end goal is PR)

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: S Pass: When to submit background and credit check docs?

Post by the lynx » Thu, 18 Dec 2014 8:37 am

AllBiz wrote:On Annex A of Form 8 for the Employment and S pass, I only see the following support document requested:

- Travel document i.e. passport
- Foreign education credentials
- Organization chart of the business unit you will work in
- Support letters from any professional licensing board

I was pretty sure that background and credit checks were part of the application process. Was I wrong? Or are these requested at some other point? (my end goal is PR)
The only background check they will do in your case for your employment pass is if you forge your education credentials and if you have any immigration conviction.

The full background check is usually when you are applying for citizenship here or working for/with a (sensitive) government entity. Credit checks? I barely see any instance they need one but probably for loans?