Singapore Expats Forum

Russia is F#*ked!

Discuss about any latest news or current affairs in Singapore or globally. Please DO NOT copy and paste news articles from other sources without written permission.
User avatar
Wd40
Director
Director
Posts: 3788
Joined: Tue, 04 Dec 2012
Location: SIndiapore

Russia is F#*ked!

Postby Wd40 » Wed, 17 Dec 2014 1:37 pm

I thought its appropriate time to create a thread parallel to Sergei's Ukraine is F*#ked! thread :)

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-12-1 ... tdown.html

User avatar
Aragorn2000
Regular
Regular
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun, 30 Dec 2012

Re: Russia is F#*ked!

Postby Aragorn2000 » Thu, 18 Dec 2014 9:26 am

Look at the comments.

There are people who really adore Putin and Russians in general. Fanaticism abounds.

User avatar
Wd40
Director
Director
Posts: 3788
Joined: Tue, 04 Dec 2012
Location: SIndiapore

Re: Russia is F#*ked!

Postby Wd40 » Thu, 18 Dec 2014 9:35 am

Their propaganda TV channels like RT seem to be doing a good job.

PNGMK
Director
Director
Posts: 4852
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013

Re: Russia is F#*ked!

Postby PNGMK » Thu, 18 Dec 2014 10:04 am

Putin to me... is a real role model for Russian youth. Even if you don't agree with his politics, a bloke like that who is articulate, fit, teetotaler, outdoor enthusiast.... far better than his last dozen predecessors.
I have gay, black, Asian friends and then JR8.

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Re: Russia is F#*ked!

Postby JR8 » Thu, 18 Dec 2014 11:02 am

PNGMK wrote:Putin to me... is a real role model for Russian youth. Even if you don't agree with his politics, a bloke like that who is articulate, fit, teetotaler, outdoor enthusiast.... far better than his last dozen predecessors.


He's just another Napolean-like (short, expansionist, power-crazed, egomaniac) empire builder, and his invasion of Ukraine crossed the line. He might inspire local youth, but then Hitler did too.

Now OPEC (of which Russia is notably not a member) are giving Russia it doggie-style and big-time, from the Gulf.

OPEC can sit this out longer than Putin can survive. Interesting times.
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9164
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Re: Russia is F#*ked!

Postby x9200 » Thu, 18 Dec 2014 12:49 pm

There is a good article based on the lecture given I believe this week in Warsaw by Gleb Pawlowsky, a former advisor of Putin, Medvedev and earlier Yeltsin. Below is a link to google translation which in its significant part is VERY bad, but still allows understanding of main points.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/ ... CrAedsZ0Kw

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Re: Russia is F#*ked!

Postby JR8 » Thu, 18 Dec 2014 12:57 pm

'It is believed that the Kremlin behaves as if it were under constant threat, to be able to dominate any situation. A tool of this policy is TV Russian.
- Thanks to the power of television dominates the Russian minds. Creates a new, artificial reality. This is not propaganda, but a gigantic experiment in the field of human control - he said.

----------------------------------------------

sounds familiar...
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10412
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Re: Russia is F#*ked!

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 18 Dec 2014 1:19 pm

JR8 wrote:
PNGMK wrote:Putin to me... is a real role model for Russian youth. Even if you don't agree with his politics, a bloke like that who is articulate, fit, teetotaler, outdoor enthusiast.... far better than his last dozen predecessors.


He's just another Napolean-like (short, expansionist, power-crazed, egomaniac) empire builder, and his invasion of Ukraine crossed the line. He might inspire local youth, but then Hitler did too.

Now OPEC (of which Russia is notably not a member) are giving Russia it doggie-style and big-time, from the Gulf.

OPEC can sit this out longer than Putin can survive. Interesting times.


How can I put a "LIKE" on your post, JR8? Putin as a role model? PNGMK... stop smoking whatever you are smoking... why would you ever want your children to be what this evil man is? You want your kid to be running the KGB... or whatever the hell it is called these days?

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Re: Russia is F#*ked!

Postby nakatago » Thu, 18 Dec 2014 1:20 pm

JR8 wrote:'It is believed that the Kremlin behaves as if it were under constant threat, to be able to dominate any situation. A tool of this policy is TV Russian.
- Thanks to the power of television dominates the Russian minds. Creates a new, artificial reality. This is not propaganda, but a gigantic experiment in the field of human control - he said.

----------------------------------------------

sounds familiar...


Indeed, it does. :-k

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6837
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Re: Russia is F#*ked!

Postby zzm9980 » Thu, 18 Dec 2014 10:06 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
JR8 wrote:
PNGMK wrote:Putin to me... is a real role model for Russian youth. Even if you don't agree with his politics, a bloke like that who is articulate, fit, teetotaler, outdoor enthusiast.... far better than his last dozen predecessors.


He's just another Napolean-like (short, expansionist, power-crazed, egomaniac) empire builder, and his invasion of Ukraine crossed the line. He might inspire local youth, but then Hitler did too.

Now OPEC (of which Russia is notably not a member) are giving Russia it doggie-style and big-time, from the Gulf.

OPEC can sit this out longer than Putin can survive. Interesting times.


How can I put a "LIKE" on your post, JR8? Putin as a role model? PNGMK... stop smoking whatever you are smoking... why would you ever want your children to be what this evil man is? You want your kid to be running the KGB... or whatever the hell it is called these days?


"Liking" JR8's post as well as "Liking" SE's post due to the irony of him "Liking" a JR8 post.

Lots of likes to go around. :D

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Re: Russia is F#*ked!

Postby JR8 » Thu, 18 Dec 2014 10:09 pm

Yeah, I really like it! :lol:


[Love all around man...]
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

User avatar
Barnsley
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2063
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2008
Location: Pasir Ris
Contact:

Re: Russia is F#*ked!

Postby Barnsley » Wed, 31 Dec 2014 10:39 am

Mr Putin now appears to be jailing relatives of his political opponents .....

Its getting like the good old days again in Russia it seems. :shock: :shock:
Life is short, paddle harder!!

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10412
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Re: Russia is F#*ked!

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 31 Dec 2014 10:50 am

Barnsley wrote:Mr Putin now appears to be jailing relatives of his political opponents .....

Its getting like the good old days again in Russia it seems. :shock: :shock:


Yes... lovely role model... if you're into being a ruthless dictator and thug.

User avatar
Barnsley
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2063
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2008
Location: Pasir Ris
Contact:

Re: Russia is F#*ked!

Postby Barnsley » Wed, 31 Dec 2014 11:01 am

Strong Eagle wrote:
Barnsley wrote:Mr Putin now appears to be jailing relatives of his political opponents .....

Its getting like the good old days again in Russia it seems. :shock: :shock:


Yes... lovely role model... if you're into being a ruthless dictator and thug.


Feel very sorry for the Russian folks ......... Trillions of dollars worth of Oil/Gas money pilfered or squandered.

A very sad state of affairs ....
Life is short, paddle harder!!

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Re: Russia is F#*ked!

Postby JR8 » Wed, 31 Dec 2014 11:37 am

http://oilprice.com/Energy/Oil-Prices/D ... rices.html

'The oil price drop that has dominated the headlines in recent weeks has been framed almost exclusively in terms of oil market economics, with most media outlets blaming Saudi Arabia, through its OPEC Trojan horse, for driving down the price, thus causing serious damage to the world's major oil exporters – most notably Russia.

While the market explanation is partially true, it is simplistic, and fails to address key geopolitical pressure points in the Middle East.

Oilprice.com looked beyond the headlines for the reason behind the oil price drop, and found that the explanation, while difficult to prove, may revolve around control of oil and gas in the Middle East and the weakening of Russia, Iran and Syria by flooding the market with cheap oil.
' [continues, at length]
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Latest News & Current Affairs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests