Singapore Expats Forum

PM Narendra Modi named 'Asian of the Year' by Singapore

Discuss about any latest news or current affairs in Singapore or globally. Please DO NOT copy and paste news articles from other sources without written permission.
sunilsaini
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue, 16 Dec 2014
Location: Jaipur, RJ, India
Contact:

PM Narendra Modi named 'Asian of the Year' by Singapore

Postby sunilsaini » Tue, 16 Dec 2014 3:29 pm

Image

सिंगापुर । सिंगापुर के एक प्रमुख अखबार "द स्ट्रेट्स टाइम्स" के संपादकों ने भारत के विकास केंद्रित नेता के तौर पर प्रधानमंत्री नरेंद्र मोदी को "एशियन ऑफ द इयर" के लिए नामित किया है। अखबार के प्रकाशक सिंगापुर प्रेस होल्डिंग्स लिमिटेड ने कहा कि नए प्रधानमंत्री होने के बावजूद उन्होंने एशिया में अपनी अच्छी छाप छोड़ी है। मोदी पड़ोसियों तक पहुंचे हैं और चीन के शी चिनफिंग तथा ऑस्ट्रेलिया के टोनी एबट सहित विशिष्ट नेताओं का स्वागत किया है।

अखबार का कहना है कि प्रधानमंत्री शिंजो एबे के साथ सम्मेलन के लिए मोदी की जापान यात्रा बेहद सफल रही। अखबार के संपादक वारेन फनांüडिस ने कहा कि मोदी ने भारत और दुनिया को उनके देश की संभावनाओं के बारे में फिर उत्सुक किया है। उन्होंने अपने लोगों को दिशा और लक्ष्य की नई सोच दी है और इसके सकारात्मक संकेत हैं कि वे मजबूत जनादेश का उपयोग एशिया की मजबूत शक्तियों में से एक की भलाई के लिए करेंगे।

गत वर्ष यह सम्मान संयुक्त रूप से चीनी राष्ट्रपति शी जिनपिंग और जापानी प्रधानमंत्री शिंजो एबे को दिया गया था। 2012 में पहला सम्मान म्यांमार के राष्ट्रपति थिन सिन को दिया गया था। अखबार प्रबंधन मोदी को उनकी सुविधानुसार व्यक्तिगत रूप से यह सम्मान देना चाहते हैं।

User avatar
maneo
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 724
Joined: Sat, 15 Mar 2008
Location: Titik Merah Kecil

Re: PM Narendra Modi named 'Asian of the Year' by Singapore

Postby maneo » Tue, 16 Dec 2014 4:05 pm

How about providing a translation.

Google Translate did not recognise this.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9270
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: PM Narendra Modi named 'Asian of the Year' by Singapore

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 16 Dec 2014 4:05 pm

help is at hand !!

Singapore. Singapore's leading newspaper "The Straits Times", the editors focused on the India leader Narendra Modi as PM "Asian of the Year" is nominated for. Newspaper publisher Singapore Press Holdings, despite the new prime minister has made an excellent impression in Asia. She reached out to neighbors and China Cinfing Modi and Australia has welcomed distinguished leaders including Tony Abbott.

Prime Minister Shinzo Abe with paper says Modi's visit to Japan for the conference was very successful. Ü Dis newspaper editor Warren Fnan Modi said India and the world is curious again about their country's prospects. People think he has a new direction and goals, and the use of positive signs that the strong mandate for the good of Asia will be one of the strongest powers.

Last year, the award jointly and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, Chinese President Xi Jinping was given. In 2012, the first award was given to Myanmar President Thin Sin. Newspaper Management Modi personally want to honor their convenience.

User avatar
maneo
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 724
Joined: Sat, 15 Mar 2008
Location: Titik Merah Kecil

Re: PM Narendra Modi named 'Asian of the Year' by Singapore

Postby maneo » Tue, 16 Dec 2014 5:47 pm

Thanks.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9270
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: PM Narendra Modi named 'Asian of the Year' by Singapore

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 16 Dec 2014 6:02 pm

maneo wrote:Thanks.


it's a bit wobbly translation though ;)

btw, SunilSaini, did you believe that everybody in SG will know Hindi ?? :roll: :roll:

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34263
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: PM Narendra Modi named 'Asian of the Year' by Singapore

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 16 Dec 2014 8:16 pm

Of course he did. He has masters, probably from a prestigious well reputed Indian University that nobody in the rest of the world has ever heard of. He thinks the whole world revolves around the very centre of his being. :roll: :lol:

PNGMK
Director
Director
Posts: 4852
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013

Re: PM Narendra Modi named 'Asian of the Year' by Singapore

Postby PNGMK » Tue, 16 Dec 2014 11:12 pm

http://time.com/time-person-of-the-year ... rs-choice/

Some of these guys were MK's in their youth!
I have gay, black, Asian friends and then JR8.

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5239
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Midgar

Re: PM Narendra Modi named 'Asian of the Year' by Singapore

Postby the lynx » Wed, 17 Dec 2014 8:56 am

So from all the pieces I gathered from this thread, Modi was initially nominated as one but lost to Ebola Fighters as Times' Person of the Year award? And the Indians are unhappy about it and call it a bias from the self-centric USA (since Ebola was at the heart of USA's concerns)?

Is that what I'm getting?

User avatar
Barnsley
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2066
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2008
Location: Pasir Ris
Contact:

Re: PM Narendra Modi named 'Asian of the Year' by Singapore

Postby Barnsley » Wed, 17 Dec 2014 10:09 am

At least Indians are being acknowledged as Asians in the media in this part of the world , so that's s step forward at least :D
Life is short, paddle harder!!

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9270
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: PM Narendra Modi named 'Asian of the Year' by Singapore

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 17 Dec 2014 1:41 pm

PNGMK wrote:http://time.com/time-person-of-the-year-ebola-fighters-choice/

Some of these guys were MK's in their youth!


love this one

By selecting the "Ebola fighters as the person of the Year" Time has proved that it is no more World Standard magazine and instead restricted to US only... They do not know what is happening outside US... for them US is the only world... Iike a frog in the well...

So Ebola is affecting US is it ?

this one takes the cake, for now ! So indian Democracy is for the world to follow .. I get it now ..

all else are WRONG !

By rejecting Prime Minister Narendra Modi of India, Time has insulted the people of India and the entire democratic process. Its shameful and despicable that while we elect our President based on the votes cast, yet we reject the same democratic process when it comes to the Person of the year. Americans are not the only brilliant people in the world. There are others like Mr. Modi who has given new hopes and aspirations to more than a billion people. And 37% of the five million votes cast came from the United States. Still, we vilified their voices. The least Time could have done is have both the Ebola fighters and Mr. Modi, half and half, on the cover. Time has lost much of its shine.

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Re: PM Narendra Modi named 'Asian of the Year' by Singapore

Postby nakatago » Wed, 17 Dec 2014 1:49 pm

ecureilx wrote:
PNGMK wrote:http://time.com/time-person-of-the-year-ebola-fighters-choice/

Some of these guys were MK's in their youth!


love this one

By selecting the "Ebola fighters as the person of the Year" Time has proved that it is no more World Standard magazine and instead restricted to US only... They do not know what is happening outside US... for them US is the only world... Iike a frog in the well...

So Ebola is affecting US is it ?

this one takes the cake, for now ! So indian Democracy is for the world to follow .. I get it now ..

all else are WRONG !

By rejecting Prime Minister Narendra Modi of India, Time has insulted the people of India and the entire democratic process. Its shameful and despicable that while we elect our President based on the votes cast, yet we reject the same democratic process when it comes to the Person of the year. Americans are not the only brilliant people in the world. There are others like Mr. Modi who has given new hopes and aspirations to more than a billion people. And 37% of the five million votes cast came from the United States. Still, we vilified their voices. The least Time could have done is have both the Ebola fighters and Mr. Modi, half and half, on the cover. Time has lost much of its shine.


Is this from the same people who were furious because someone sincerely didn't know who a certain cricket player was? The arrogance of some people.


User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9270
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: PM Narendra Modi named 'Asian of the Year' by Singapore

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 17 Dec 2014 2:13 pm

nakatago wrote:Is this from the same people who were furious because someone sincerely didn't know who a certain cricket player was? The arrogance of some people.


oh, that guy wasn't a cricket player, but he was an Indian GOD !!

Well, seems the largest democracy is on it's way to getting everything 'their' way or highway !

User avatar
Wd40
Director
Director
Posts: 3788
Joined: Tue, 04 Dec 2012
Location: SIndiapore

Re: PM Narendra Modi named 'Asian of the Year' by Singapore

Postby Wd40 » Wed, 17 Dec 2014 2:14 pm

The Maslow's pyramid comes to mind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow's_h ... y_of_needs

Low self-esteem or an inferiority complex may result from imbalances during this level in the hierarchy. People with low self-esteem often need respect from others; they may feel the need to seek fame or glory. However, fame or glory will not help the person to build their self-esteem until they accept who they are internally

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9270
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: PM Narendra Modi named 'Asian of the Year' by Singapore

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 17 Dec 2014 2:18 pm

Wd40 wrote:The Maslow's pyramid comes to mind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow's_h ... y_of_needs

Low self-esteem or an inferiority complex may result from imbalances during this level in the hierarchy. People with low self-esteem often need respect from others; they may feel the need to seek fame or glory. However, fame or glory will not help the person to build their self-esteem until they accept who they are internally


+1 !!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Latest News & Current Affairs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests