Singapore Expats

Experience of ViewQwest with Freedom VPN

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
CaptainBullus
Regular
Regular

Re: Experience of ViewQwest with Freedom VPN

Post by CaptainBullus » Mon, 08 Dec 2014 12:35 am

BOTJ wrote:Good to know it works via PS3. Do you stream from laptop to Apple TV using Airplay? and this is using VQ Freedom VPN?
Aye.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Mon, 08 Dec 2014 10:44 pm

Brah wrote:
zzm9980 wrote:
Brah wrote:I don't have VQ but another VPN;
Should mention that although Viewquest calls it a Vpn, it's actually nothing like a typical VPN ....

On the plus side though, their service handles all countries at the same time where a regular VPN would require you to connect to appropriate country, one at a time.
Is that actually a good thing, all countries at the same time? Seems strange.

I would at least like the option of being able to choose my tunnel, but there must be benefits to have all-on at once.
It's not actually a tunnel, that's why. They just selectively proxy the sites they list as supporting to appropriate countries. As said, it's not a VPN. They're just calling it that because they accomplish one of the things many people purchase Vpns for - bypassing geo-blocks for streaming.

NicBlais

Post by NicBlais » Wed, 07 Jan 2015 10:40 am

Hello!

I work for ViewQwest (if any of you frequent the hardware zone forums you may have seen me there :) ).

Happy to answer any questions about our services or even just Internet in general.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Wed, 07 Jan 2015 12:40 pm

zzm9980 wrote:
It's not actually a tunnel, that's why. They just selectively proxy the sites they list as supporting to appropriate countries. As said, it's not a VPN. They're just calling it that because they accomplish one of the things many people purchase Vpns for - bypassing geo-blocks for streaming.
I hate proxies, whats the point in providing 200Mbps or more when all the traffic is being proxied?
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

x9200

Post by x9200 » Wed, 07 Jan 2015 1:02 pm

NicBlais wrote:Hello!

I work for ViewQwest (if any of you frequent the hardware zone forums you may have seen me there :) ).

Happy to answer any questions about our services or even just Internet in general.
We do not allow any unapproved form of advertisement on this forum. This includes the PM channel. As long as your activities are limited to answering the questions or technical commenting on issues/subjects you will be fine but it is good if you realize that there may be a pretty narrow line separating you from what will be considered as an advertisement. Please be careful, no fishing for clients.

NicBlais

Post by NicBlais » Wed, 07 Jan 2015 2:34 pm

x9200 wrote:
NicBlais wrote:Hello!

We do not allow any unapproved form of advertisement on this forum. This includes the PM channel. As long as your activities are limited to answering the questions or technical commenting on issues/subjects you will be fine but it is good if you realize that there may be a pretty narrow line separating you from what will be considered as an advertisement. Please be careful, no fishing for clients.

Hello!

Thanks for the heads up! Only intend to offer support and share whatever knowledge i can :)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 07 Jan 2015 3:08 pm

As you have noticed, we run a pretty tight ship here. Our regulars prefer it that way (although makes it harder on the Mods, but the regulars pitch in to keep it clean). Thanks for understanding. - Moderator
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers