Follow Up Letter After Submitting PR Application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
coolkiwi

Follow Up Letter After Submitting PR Application

Post by coolkiwi » Wed, 03 Dec 2014 2:14 pm

Hi

I submitted the PR application for myself & my family on mid of 2014 . After 2.5 month we
received a letter from iCA which asking us to update the details of our family members (both mine & my spouse's).
We submitted their CV on the next week itself.Now its almost 1 month after submitting this update and till date the application status is pending.When I saw that letter
I thought it is a positive sign, but after reading some other discussion forum , i think it is a routine process.
Anyone has similar experience like us ?If yes , how long it took to process the application after updating the requested information ? What was the outcome(accepted/rejected) ?
Thanks

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 4

Re: Follow Up Letter After Submitting PR Application

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 03 Dec 2014 2:30 pm

The whole process can take up to around 18 months if you are unlucky. And then it still can be a rejection or approval. Length of time taken is also no indicator of success or failure. All you can do is wait it out and make a plan B in the interim, just in case.
Life isn't about avoiding the bruises. It's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it!

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 03 Dec 2014 2:54 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:The whole process can take up to around 18 months if you are unlucky. And then it still can be a rejection or approval. Length of time taken is also no indicator of success or failure. All you can do is wait it out and make a plan B in the interim, just in case.
+1 . Asking for the additional updates, does not have any direct relation to the outcome of the application.

Kvish

Post by Kvish » Sat, 06 Dec 2014 10:08 pm

[quote="coolkiwi"]Hi
Hi Coolkiwi:
I submitted my PR application for myself and my wife in the first week of March 2014 and 3 months after submitting they asked us to update our mine and spouse' family details.We submitted their CV on the next week itself.Now its 9 months fully completed and still the status showing as pending. When did you exactly submit ur application and whats the status now?

komatineni

Post by komatineni » Sun, 07 Dec 2014 9:16 pm

Right now, it may take up to 12-18 months before they let you know the status. So hang tight and keep BAU.

coolkiwi

Post by coolkiwi » Mon, 08 Dec 2014 10:26 am

[quote="Kvish"][quote="coolkiwi"]Hi
Hi Coolkiwi:
I submitted my PR application for myself and my wife in the first week of March 2014 and 3 months after submitting they asked us to update our mine and spouse' family details.We submitted their CV on the next week itself.Now its 9 months fully completed and still the status showing as pending. When did you exactly submit ur application and whats the status now?[/quote]

Hi Kvish ,

We submitted the application on first week of July and received the letter end of Sep .We updated the details on the first week of Oct. For us , 5 months fully completed and still the status is pending . Please let me know if you receive any further updates from them .
Thanks