I'm a Singaporean citizen that is likely to be moving back with my family in about 7-8 months time. My current employer will be relocating me from back to Singapore.
I'd like to get thoughts on my family's chances of getting PR with me as the sponsor.
My wife is Malaysian Chinese, and I've got 2 young daughters who were born in the UK and are British citizens (neither Singaporean nor Malaysian). Our profile:
- My expected annual salary S$200k+
- My wife has a postgraduate degree from the UK, but will be a stay-at-home-mum
- We've been married 7 years, marriage registered in Singapore
- We are in the 35-40 age band
We are still overseas at the moment:
- Is it possible to apply for PR whilst still overseas, i.e. a few months before physically moving back to Singapore?
- Is there a minimum residency requirement to be satisfied either (1) at the point of application, or (2) at the time the PR is approved?
- How long do PR applications of this sort normally take?
Lastly, will the following prejudice my application?
- We've been away from Singapore for 15 years and are only looking to return now
- That my children are non-Singaporean because I didn't take up citizenship for them
SINGAPORE EXPATS FORUM
Singapore Expat Forum and Message Board for Expats in Singapore & Expatriates Relocating to Singapore
Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Similar Topics
- Last post
- 21 Replies
- 6528 Views
Last post by brad80
Sat, 08 Oct 2016 11:03 am
- 7 Replies
- 6091 Views
Last post by BBCWatcher
Fri, 01 Jul 2016 8:10 am
- 1 Replies
- 1332 Views
Last post by flossysingapore
Thu, 21 Dec 2017 9:34 pm
- 1 Replies
- 1172 Views
Last post by PNGMK
Sun, 29 Apr 2018 12:48 pm
- 2 Replies
- 1496 Views
Last post by omg88
Mon, 17 Sep 2018 11:20 am
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests